GeForce 9500 GS

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
gsmall
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

GeForce 9500 GS

Post by gsmall »

I have the GeForce 9500 GS in my new HP Pavillion desktop. This card is very noisy approximately 75% or more of the time the computer is turned on. It's so noisy that I can't talk on the phone if my computer is on. HP says this is a characteristic of this Nvidia model. Is this true of all Nvidia products? Is there a solution to this problem , or can anyone recommend a similar replacement?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GeForce 9500 GS

Post by DMB2000uk »

Have you tried using rivatuner to control the fan speed?

You should be able to bring down the rpms (which will bring down the noise) but be warned it will increase the temperature, so be sure to keep an eye on it for a bit after changes to make sure it's still an acceptable level.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

that is just either defected fan or shitty damping, ask hp to replace the fan or video card, dont take no for answer, u need to be an ass when talking to them
kacemo
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by kacemo »

I am also looking for a recommendation for a replacement on the NVIDA GeForce 9500 GS card.

I am not interested in dealing with Hewlett Packard for a replacement. I am not interested in Riva Tuner.

I would rather not upgrade the weak 350 watt power supply as well, so it needs to share comparable power requirements.

Thanks to anyone who can offer a recommendation for a replacement card (and no other advice, please).
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Does it need to be any good at playing games, or do you just want something quiet to replace it that is general windows use (does that include HD video at all?)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

It almost sounds like the video card driver isn't properly installed so the fan isn't lowering to it's default level.

Install the lastest drivers for the card.
www.nvidia.com
If that doesn't work do what Dan mentioned and use RivaTuner to adjust the fan settings. Do not turn the fan OFF. This will cause the card to overheat and you will end up having to replace it.