GTX280 Temps

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

GTX280 Temps

Post by vbironchef »

Is 83C normal for these cards folding 24/7? What is a safe temp range for these cards?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GTX280 Temps

Post by Apoptosis »

my GTX285 is folding 24/7 in a case with a very mild overclock and is at ~82C night and day and it's been doing that for 5 months with no issues.
gtx285.png
gtx285.png (53.58 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
i just turned the fan to manual at 75% and the temps have dropped down to 72C and is leveling off... Not sure what you have your fan set at... Here is a screen shot of when I turned the fan up and what happened it takes a bit for it to drop, but it's sitting at 72C constant right now.
fan_75.jpg
fan_75.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Thanks, I went to the Nvidia website and they quote the thermal range. Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 105 C . So I'm good. My fan speed is at somewhere around 50%.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

vbironchef wrote:Thanks, I went to the Nvidia website and they quote the thermal range. Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 105 C . So I'm good. My fan speed is at somewhere around 50%.
yeah you are no where near the thermalrange, but remember some of the GTX280's had issues... I wouldn't take it past 90C unless you have a lifetime warranty or the card is covered under a warranty of some sort.
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Tell me about it. I already had 3 die. The two XFX GTX280's I have now come from RMA.. I don't know if I still have that Double Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty. I think I'm pushing my luck :lol: This summer I will stop folding these cards.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

remember if you bought them on a gold or platinum visa/mastercard that you also normally get a double the warranty period for up to a year... If you bought a GPU with a one year warranty and it dies you can send it into the credit card company as an insurance claim with them and they will send you a check for the purchase price. You just need a reciept from a PC shop saying it is dead. You will get credit for the shop bench fee as well.
Follow Me on Twitter!