XFX Will Not Offer GeForce 400 Series GPUs

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

XFX Will Not Offer GeForce 400 Series GPUs

Post by Apoptosis »

We just received confirmation that XFX, a division of PINE Technologies, will not be releasing any GeForce GTX 400 series graphics cards to the market when the cards become public next month. XFX was not listed as a launch partner for Fermi and did not issue a press release about the upcoming cards, which might come as a shock to many of our readers as they are one of the largest NVIDIA add-in board (AIB) partners in the world! XFX said that the decision not to carry this series of GF100 graphics card was their decision and that they will still be carrying NVIDIA products. From our conversation with XFX they mentioned that they have "yet to see whether the fermented launch will reach an inglorious anti-climax" and mentioned they want to "Ferm up to who really has the big Guns". We are guessing they mean AMD and it sounds like they have something special cooking up there too.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: XFX Will Not Offer GeForce 400 Series GPUs

Post by crowTrobot »

yep, this was a rumor a few months ago as well as two other nvidia partners possibly not carrying Fermi and one of those two completely closing up shop. I don't know how valid the other ones are, but it looks like the XFX one is true so far.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

crowTrobot wrote:yep, this was a rumor a few months ago as well as two other nvidia partners possibly not carrying Fermi and one of those two completely closing up shop. I don't know how valid the other ones are, but it looks like the XFX one is true so far.
No looks about it... I just confirmed XFX is not going to be carrying any GeForce GTX 400 series cards.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Dizz01
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Dizz01 »

I like it. Fermi is a joke and not practical for just about anyone except Epeen benchmarks. It did that but I doubt it has any kind of lifespan at the temps it runs at. Also isn't it a recession? The price to maintain is crazy. GG nvidia don't let the door hit you on the way out. :partyman:
AMD Phenom II x6 1075T @3.3▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂Three Hundred Antec Case
Asus M4A785TD M-EVO▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂500w OCZ Modular PSU
Noctua CPU Cooler▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂500Gig WD HDD
4Gig OCZ Gold Edition 1600 Ram▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ASUS ATI 7770 2GIG!
thehybridfrog
Legit User
Legit User

Post by thehybridfrog »

Dizz01 wrote:I like it. Fermi is a joke and not practical for just about anyone except Epeen benchmarks. It did that but I doubt it has any kind of lifespan at the temps it runs at. Also isn't it a recession? The price to maintain is crazy. GG nvidia don't let the door hit you on the way out. :partyman:
XFX will still offer mainstream variants of Fermi like the 430. It's a business, and sometimes even if something looks good on paper if partners can't come to an agreement it just doesn't work out. I don't see what Epeen has anything to do with it really.
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

Nvidia ran into too many delays for not much of an increase in performance over the competition. I am excited about the architecture, though. Anything that makes the GPU more general purpose is good, I'd say.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I agree with Dizz01 +1. I bet those cards won't last but 3 months before they are fried.
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

probably is not going to be a huge shocker as xfx went with ati card so it loks like they will be more closely in relationship with ati for the time being.
Xolso
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Xolso »

i don't blame them, fermi is a lost cause