eVGA GTX 570 Classified vs Zotac GTX 570 AMP!

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

eVGA GTX 570 Classified vs Zotac GTX 570 AMP!

Post by Skippman »

Well, shoot.

I was going to order an eVGA GTX 570 Classified based on the excellent review it got here on LR but everywhere I look it's out of stock. It seems doubtful any will be in stock for a while. I've been looking for alternatives and stumbled onto a Zotac AMP! GTX 570 as a replacement card in my build. I like the looks of the cooler on it and it seems to be fairly comperable.

So the question is, do I get the Zotac AMP! GTX 570 or do I possibly consider getting a GTX 580 instead? I've heard the 2GB+ really helps with BF3. I'm just having a hard time bringing myself to spend $150 more on a GPU for a minimal increase in performance.

eVGA GTX 570 Classified
Core Clock:822MHz
Shader Clock:1645MHz
Stream Processors:480 Processor Cores
Effective Memory Clock:3902MHz

Zotac GTX 570 AMP!
Core Clock:780MHz
Shader Clock:1560MHz
Stream Processors:480 Processor Cores
Effective Memory Clock:4000MHz

It looks like the Zotac wins out in RAM speeds but looses by 42mhz on the processor side. I wonder how much this will impact gaming performance. What do you guys think? Am I going about this the wrong way and should consider a different GPU?
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: eVGA GTX 570 Classified vs Zotac GTX 570 AMP!

Post by vbironchef »

From what I have learned and read about overclocking GPU's, there really is not much a difference except in price. I do like EVGA. The choice is yours to make. I heard that a new architecture is in the works and will be out soon. Maybe that's why it's out of stock. I was always under the impression that you could do your own overclock yourself and save a few dollars.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Here's a few thoughts to keep mind. EVGA has a lifetime warranty (you have to register the card within 30 days) and Zotac has a 2 year warranty. EVGA is an American company. Zotac is based in Hong Kong. Sure they have offices here but I'd rather give my money to an American company with the better warranty. I'm not big on the brand but I'd rather get a PNY card over Zotac for the same reasons mentioned above. I had a PNY Geforce 4 Ti 4400 go belly up. Sent it to PNY and a week later I had a Geforce 5 5600 Ultra to replace it in my hands.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Major_A wrote:Here's a few thoughts to keep mind. EVGA has a lifetime warranty (you have to register the card within 30 days) and Zotac has a 2 year warranty. EVGA is an American company. Zotac is based in Hong Kong. Sure they have offices here but I'd rather give my money to an American company with the better warranty. I'm not big on the brand but I'd rather get a PNY card over Zotac for the same reasons mentioned above. I had a PNY Geforce 4 Ti 4400 go belly up. Sent it to PNY and a week later I had a Geforce 5 5600 Ultra to replace it in my hands.
I'm inclined to agree with you and likely will wait for the eVGA Classifieds to come back in stock. It just sucks that right when I'm ready to pull the trigger everything sells out. I guess that's what I get for waiting. :lol:
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

Yeah, I have a couple of cards from eVGA and their warranty system is amazing.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Closest thing I've found to the card you want.
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=EV-G57HDOC

If you order before the 31st use the coupon code "SPOOKY" to get $15 off.

Superbiiz/eWiz are the same thing. I've ordered several parts from them before and never had a problem.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

eVGA GTX 570 Classifieds are still not in stock. I'm beginning to assume they won't be making anymore. I've been looking at that Zotac card again and thing I'll pass on that. That leaves the MSI Twin Frozr or an eVGA GTX 570 Doubleshot unless you guys have other recommendations. Maybe I should such it up and get a 580.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Early next year the Kepler GPU platform will be out.
tzaar0723
Legit User
Legit User

Post by tzaar0723 »

I use strictly EVGA cards in all my rigs, primarily for their durability & excellent warranty service. :)
anuparockz
Legit User
Legit User

Post by anuparockz »

I'd personally go with EVGA. They have the good overclocking options. You can easily get the memory clock to 4000Mhz with almost no increase in temperature using EVGA Precision which comes with the box. And don't forget their Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Well, I've pretty much decided on the eVGA Superclocked GTX 570 as the Classified is no longer in production. I got the feeling off the eVGA forums that the Classified cards are a limited release thing which is a shame as it makes it hard for someone to add a second like GPU in the future for SLI.
tzaar0723
Legit User
Legit User

Post by tzaar0723 »

Skippman wrote:Well, I've pretty much decided on the eVGA Superclocked GTX 570 as the Classified is no longer in production. I got the feeling off the eVGA forums that the Classified cards are a limited release thing which is a shame as it makes it hard for someone to add a second like GPU in the future for SLI.
I wouldn't sweat not being able to get the Classified edition. My "vanilla" EVGA 570 GTX (non SC, non anything) easily clocks from 732 stock to 940 OCed, and I haven't even hit the ceiling with it yet. :lol:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I know this goes against what I've said earlier but what about the MSI Lightning or Gigabyte Superclock cards? The Lightning is overclocked like hell and there are even voltage measurement pots on the card to verify your tweaks.