NVIDIA GT 540m and Autodesk Maya Issues....PLEASE HELP!!

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
animation_sponge
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

NVIDIA GT 540m and Autodesk Maya Issues....PLEASE HELP!!

Post by animation_sponge »

Hey All,
I just recently purchased an ASUS x53s laptop. It has installed an NVIDIA GEFORCE GT540M Card. The issue I'm having, which is driving me up a wall is that when I'm in Maya, weather I have a scene opened or no scene opened (nothing in maya just a blank scene). When I try to go to the different viewports by pressing space bar and going from persp to front, or front to side, etc. What will happen is it is causing the display to swap to showing the contents of a previous window..........sooooooo annoying! So I'll see pieces of the other windows in the timeline or in the layers area...I don't get why this is happening...any suggestions?PLEEEASSSEEE!

Is there a driver that will fix this? If so, can someone direct me to it? And where can I find beta drivers? As I heard beta drivers seem to work best for quarky bug issues like this.

Thanks again to all who respond.

Full Specs:
Intel® Core(tm) i7-2670QM
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
640GB 5,400RPM Hard Drive
DVD±RW Drive/CD-RW Drive
15.6" HD Widescreen Display
5-in-1 Memory Card Reader
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540
10/100/1000 Network
802.11b/g/n Wireless
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Polairomis
Legit User
Legit User

Re: NVIDIA GT 540m and Autodesk Maya Issues....PLEASE HELP!!

Post by Polairomis »

Unfortunately there have been a lot of problems using NVidia GPU's that utilize Optimus technology on programs such as 3D Studio Max, Mudbox and Maya. It appears its some sort of drivers issue, but nVidia is mum on the issue. Some people experience huge memory leaks and some report general instability and unresponsiveness.

Some people have had some luck with disabling Aero (switching the theme to Windows Basic).

You can try a beta driver. There was one released today, but mostly it corrects issues with Skyrim and Arkham City.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta

Can't really help out more than that as my notebook has a AMD video card.

Good luck.