NVIDIA GTX460 'no audio devices installed'

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
THX-UltraII
Legit User
Legit User

NVIDIA GTX460 'no audio devices installed'

Post by THX-UltraII »

Hi guys,

I just bought a GTX 460 card and want to use the high res. audio (DTS-MA/TrueHD bitstream) from the card. I tried to install and reinstall the NVIDIA driver over and over again but I just keep getting 'no audio devices are installed' under sound options. The strange this is that the NVIDIA control panel lets me choose my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR5008) under the setting 'setup digital audio' option 'HDMI'. At my Device Manager there is shown 4x 'NVIDIA High Defenition Audio' under 'Sound, video and game controllers'......

Setup:
Asus GTX460 with 295.73 driver (also tried the latest)
ASrock H61M-ITX board (http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.nl.asp?Model=H61M-ITX)
Windows 7 64-bit with SP1 and all the latest updates
Latest DirectX version
GTX460 connected to my Onkyo TX-NR5008 AVR with mini-HDMI->HDMI cable
Onboard audio disabled in bios

If more information is needed please let me know.
Hope someone knows the solution for my problem.

Thanks!

ok guys, you really have to help me out here. I just tried ANOTHER gtx460 card with ANOTHER miniHDMI->HDMI dongle but the high def audio device is still not recognized in the sound control panel and I get 'no audio devices are installed'. Like I said before: my Onkyo TX-NR5008 is recognized in the NVIDIA contro panel under the setting 'setup digital audio' option 'HDMI'. And also in my device manager there is 4x NVIDIA High Defenition Audio.

What there @#@%#@ is going on here........
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: NVIDIA GTX460 'no audio devices installed'

Post by Major_A »

You probably have to change the default audio settings or disable the onboard audio in the BIOS. I fought with my GTX 460 when I hooked it up to my TV with a HDMI cable. For whatever reason the onboard audio kept taking over the default audio device. Open up the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound. Find the nVidia card and set it to default.

Here's a screenshot. Yes this is an AMD card but the process is the same.
Videocard_Audio.PNG
Videocard_Audio.PNG (38.75 KiB) Viewed 2962 times