Which GTX 670 should I get?

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Which GTX 670 should I get?

Post by Skippman »

After doing some pretty extensive research I've decided I'm going to replace my 570 with a 670. That brings me to asking which card in specific I should get. I know there are a ton of pre-OC'd cards on the market that demand a premium price but I'm wondering if any of them are really worth it. I've decided to just get a 2GB version as I don't think I'm going to need the extra VRAM.

I know there's the ASUS TOP, the MSi TwinFrozr, and a whole slew of eVGA cards that are overclocked from the factory. Do you guys think any of these is worth their premium price?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which GTX 670 should I get?

Post by Apoptosis »

depends on what you are doing.

You got 19 different GeForce GTX 670 cards on Newegg...

From a cost perspective the EVGA card is impossible to beat at $334.99 after rebate. You also get free shipping and borderlands 2.

The card will run hotter and be louder than the custom cooled ones though.

If you are concerned with heat and noise be sure to look at the MSI N670 at $399.99 plus $8 shippping.

Is it worth $72 more to have an overclocked card with better temps and less noise? Not to me as you can overclock it yourself for free and the card temps are within spec.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Thanks for responding Nate!

I love my current eVGA card and they were pretty high on my list. Honestly, the Borderlands thing is a non issue for me as I doubt I'd ever play it. Heck, I have the first one still in shrink wrap. I would have no problems buying it again. But at the price point it's hard to pass up. eVGA loves to bundle games with their cards apparently as I got Arkham Asylum with my last card (which I also haven't played).

I guess it gets down to HOW loud it is compared to my current eVGA card and whether 4GB makes any diffence at high resolutions (2560x1440). From what I've read it pretty much doesn't, but I'd love for you to weigh in on that if you could as I trust your opinion more than most on the net and you've never steered me wrong so far.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

That's what I'm using right now.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I missed out on the sale you posted Nate, but I did snag a eVGA GTX 670 FTW for $409 + $10MIRB. Ordered it yesterday. Thanks again for the advice!