NVIDIA SHIELD Goes On Pre-Order For $349

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

NVIDIA SHIELD Goes On Pre-Order For $349

Post by Apoptosis »

Project SHIELD has dropped the “Project” and is now available to pre-order for those who signed up for the newsletter at shield.nvidia.com. Haven’t registered? Not to worry – there’s still time to sign-up before the general pre-order begins on Monday, May 20.

SHIELD is an open platform gaming portable designed for gamers who yearn to play when, where and how they want, featuring some cool new technology including:

Tegra 4 – the world’s fastest mobile processor, Tegra 4 packs 72 custom GPU cores and four Cortex-A15 CPU cores
Console-grade controller – dual analog joysticks, a full-sized D-Pad, left and right analog triggers, full-sized bumpers and A/B/X/Y buttons

High Fidelity Audio and Video –5-inch, 720p retinal multi-touch display and custom bass reflex tuned port audio system
Memory and Storage – 2GB RAM, 16GB internal flash storage and microSD storage slot
Android Jelly Bean – the latest Android Jelly Bean operating system
And More! – 802.11n 2X2 MIMO game-speed Wi-Fi , GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, mini-HDMI, micro-USB 2.0 and 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack

And SHIELD will also give you the power to wirelessly access your NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU-powered computer from the comfort of your couch with GeForce game streaming, now in beta. We’re working on streaming your favorite PC games to SHIELD, including great titles from Steam.

SHIELD will begin shipping in June for $349. Newegg, Gamestop, Micro Center and Canada Computers will all carry SHIELD.

Five exciting new TegraZone games coming to SHIELD and Tegra 4 devices later this year were also announced this morning:
· Broken Age, Double Fine Productions
· Costume Quest, Double Fine Productions
· Flyhunter: Origins, Steel Wool Games
· Skiing Fred, Dedalord Games
· Chuck’s Challenge 3D, Niffler

More information on SHIELD and these great games can be found in a pair of blogs that went live this morning:
· Be Among The First To Wield SHIELD: Taking Pre-Orders Now: http://blogs.nvidia.com/2013/05/shield/
· 5 Cutting-Edge Games That Will Rock SHIELD: http://blogs.nvidia.com/2013/05/5-games-shield/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Goes On Pre-Order For $349

Post by KnightRid »

Call me stupid but isn't this just a cell phone without the phone part? I was hoping it would be on a 10" tablet platform but a 5" screen is just a cell phone, or e-reader.

Does this have something the tegra-4 cell phones do not have other than the gaming controls (which I imagine someone will have available to put on certain phones)?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: