notebook problems

A place to talk about all things mobile
chotachatri12
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

notebook problems

Post by chotachatri12 »

I had recently tried to reinstall windows using a Toshiba recovery disk on my Toshiba satellite L25 S1192, the problem is that after the recovery it restarted the system and then displayed GRUB loading 1.5 then the system would turn off. I had tried to recover several times but same message followed by the power off of the system.. I opened my cd drive, cuz it was makin so much noise and lacking speed in reading cds. I was looking thru it and the cd ribbon cable ripped. need suggestions on wut to do. my notebook currently has no operating system and now the cd drive does not function due to the rip in the ribbon cable. I would like to know if there is a way I can get a ribbon cable to replace from somewhere or if there is a way to transfer the contents of the recovery cd onto an external hard drive and continue the recovery process from there.. need help..got any suggestions?
victor_p
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: notebook problems

Post by victor_p »

if your laptop can boot from usb, use a ide to usb cable with a pc cd writer to make a temporary external cd driver and continue your installation from it.
Laptop Support Community we will try to make you save money...