ACER 5100 problem

A place to talk about all things mobile
padrian
Legit User
Legit User

ACER 5100 problem

Post by padrian »

Hy! I have an Acer Aspire AS5102WLMi notebook.
These are the specs:
* Mobile AMD Turion 64 X2, model TL-50, 1600MHz
* ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1100
* HDD 120GB SATA
* 512MB DDRAM2
* DVD±RW SuperMulti
* Card Reader 5-in-1 (SD, MS, MSP, MMC, xD)
* LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Modem

The problem I have with it is that it started to act very strange. The first problem was that it does not read memory cards anymore. After that the second problem appeared: the DVD is not recognized. I thought that the problem was the OS, so I wanted to replace it, but the DVD is not recognized in BIOS and I cannot set the DVD to be the primary boot device. Another problem is the booting part. Many times it does not pass the first boot screen with the ACER logo and the loading bar. All these problems appeared recently. Since now it worked just fine, even the card reader or the DVD. If anyone has any ideas please reply, before I send it back to the store (the notebook has 2-3 months).
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ACER 5100 problem

Post by DaIceMan »

try to boot into safe mode and run full anti-virus and anti-spyware scans. If possible, download HiJack This. Run hijack this, select scan and save log file. Do not fix anything at this point, unless you are familiar with the program. Post the log file up here for us to have a look at.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

victor_p
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: ACER 5100 problem

Post by victor_p »

I own myself an Acer 5100, and the problem of this seri is that some component of the motherboard fail, then in this case you have to change the MB, if your laptop is under warranty, and if after reinstall the trouble continue, do not waste time send it to acer repair service.
Laptop Support Community we will try to make you save money...