64 mbile?

A place to talk about all things mobile
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

64 mbile?

Post by grunt »

Im going to be getting a 64 system to be o/c'ing while im over there. Was wondering if the mobiles are better? My mobile 2500 works great although Im eager to get my hands on those bios updates infinitevalence was mentioning he had since MINE o/c'd pretty good. Anyhow, Im probably going to go with the AV8 board too....
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I haven't read anything much about the A64M, seema as if everyone is still messing with the 90nm CPUs right now.
I'm still very happy with my AV8, I haven't had any problems with it at all so far, it takes a lickin and keeps on ticken................. :shock:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

i think overall most of the 939 boards are performing real well, none are too bad, and none really stand out from the crowd. I'm anxiously awaiting DFI's board based on the NVIDIA chipset.....as well as the AMD based boards that support DDR 2 and PCI-E.
I have also heard some really good stuff about Soltek's 939 board.
but, Bio is definitely right when he said that everyone is focusing either on the winchester or the dual core, the mobiles just aren't tickling people in the right place right now.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Yeah i just put together a winchester 3200+ on the MSI Neo2 Plat. and it hit 2.5 with out a hitch, ram is running at 208 @ 2.5-3-3-7 which is not bad for 2gigs and considering that it only cost about $145 a gig. I must say that that thing screams, its so fast i thought my windows install had gone wrong because it finished so fast. I wish i was getting to keep it, but im holding out for nForce4 or the radeon xpress from ATI because i want PCIe.

Right now price to performance is just right in the winchesters, the XP mobiles were so hot because they had unlocked multis while the rest were locked, the a64s all have the lower multis unlocked so its a matter of how hard you can push the mobo, chip, and ram.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

Well the fatal1ty board (amd version) will be the board Im going to use since it should be out and hopefully drop in price by the time I get settled in and can order it which should be the early days of feb. As for Ram Im just going to use a gig (dont see why I would want more) but not sure which kind to go with (suggestions, no clue with the ddr2 stuff).

???? Instead of making another post Im just going to ask here, whats the big deal with the fx line of 64's? Would they be a great improvement for my gaming or perhaps using it in a local lan host for games?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

The AthlonFX has 1mb cahe, and all multipliers are unlocked not just the ones under the stock multi. They also tend to be higher frequency than the other top chips, ie. FX-55 2.6 w/ 1mb, A-4000+ 2.4 w/ 1mb, FX-53 2.4 w/ 1mb, A-3800+ 2.4 w/ 512k.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"