Sources reveal Intel Yonah pricing

A place to talk about all things mobile
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sources reveal Intel Yonah pricing

Post by Apoptosis »

I really hope this holds up because if so, the Pentium M will be one killer processor. Very early rumors are going around that state the first Intel Yonah processors (Dothan's replacement) will be priced the same as current Intel mobile processors! Dual core will cost you no more than the leading mobile processor does today.

The bad news is that Yonah processors are not going on sale till Q1 2006 according to Digitimes.
The X-series Yonah processors will be part of Intel’s Napa dual-core notebook platform, which is also expected to hit the market in the first quarter of next year, and will represent Intel’s transition from 90nm technology to 65nm. In addition, the Napa notebook architecture will be the basis for Intel’s digital home products.

In addition, Yonah-series processors will be adopted by Apple Computer, which agreed to use Intel microprocessors for its Macintosh computers starting in 2006.

In related news, the chip giant is scheduled to cut the prices of its 700-series Pentium M processors on July 24.

Prices of Intel Yonah processors (for 1,000-unit lots)

X50
Dual core
2.16 GHz
667 MHz
US$637

X40
2 GHz
667 MHz
US$423

X30
1.83 GHz
667 MHz
US$294

X20
1.66 GHz
667 MHz
US$241

TBD*
Single core
1.66 GHz
667 MHz
US$209
I can't wait to see the X50 in a desktop board with some watercooling and some fast memory! Geez--- I thought my Intel Pentium M 770 sytem was fast. Bring on the X50!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Yeah, interesting naming scheme, did amd copy intel or intel copy amd.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

what chipset mobo will they fit?
Duke3d87
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Duke3d87 »

We talked about this on XFN and i think it would work on the 945 if i remember correctly. It will be a LGA775 CPU. The problem is the relatively low clock speed of the Yonah although it should still perform extremely well.
Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

Intel copied Amd numbering and I love it .X50=4800 ya got to love that

The current Dothan 2.26 O/C to 2.82 stable .
The yonah 65 nano tech should O/C to 3.0 easily.
This is going to be one wicked kick the crap out of the world processor.

Am i over doing it . Really I can't wait for the release.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Are you paid by Intel....Do you have an "Intel Inside" sticker on your forehead?

I hope you know I'm just kidding, I think both Intel and AMD make some great products, and although both have their Kool-Aid drinking fans, I'm perfectlyu happy using either processor.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i'd have to see more specs and stuff before i can decide which i like better... i'm leaning towards yonah, though.
Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

Capper your a pretty cool guy . Ya got me laughing by the way thats a Bud in my right hand
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Well, aside from writing semi literate reviews..... my main job here is humor. I want people to come here and have a great time, make friends, and be a part of our community.....I like how though we all disagree on things, we keep it light and have fun with it.