What would be a good PDA to get?

A place to talk about all things mobile
KnightRid

What would be a good PDA to get?

Post by KnightRid »

Well I have been thinking of getting some sort of PDA, but I will not pay the price of a laptop for one ;)

I am looking LOW end - would anyone have anything they would recommend? I am basically going to use this so I can take my dvd list with me to the stores so we stop getting duplicates - I know, its a sad reason :p I have some of the OLD BE-300 devices, but they are a pain to sync and they do not like Office documents. I also have a PSP, but have yet to find a program that would let me view excel files on it.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Mike

Oh I have also looked at netbooks, but it seems like some of the PDA's are more useful than they are..?? I also do not care if it is a "smartphone" (smart my arse - if it was, it would hack the net and give me free bandwidth dammit), but I will NOT hook it up to my cell phone plan I just want to use it as a PDA.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: What would be a good PDA to get?

Post by vicaphit »

You could get anything with windows mobile as far as smart phones go. They come equipped with excel, word, and powerpoint (not that I have ever used it).

The samsung i760 that I have is wifi and is a WM 6.0, so you can use that feature, but it isn't perfect, and probably won't be cheap without getting a wireless plan.

Edit:
The dell mini 9 is on sale again for $199, it would be kinda inconvienent to pull that out at the store though.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit