Issues Uninstalling Norton Internet Security on New Laptop

A place to talk about all things mobile
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Issues Uninstalling Norton Internet Security on New Laptop

Post by InFuZiOn »

Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a great holiday season and got to spend some quality time with those that matter the most.....along with getting some good presents of course!

I got a Toshiba Satellite L675 to use at college and stuff from my parents for Christmas as one of the larger presents and was trying to install the free full copy of the Kasparsky Anti-Virus 2010 suite I got along with the laptop but every time I've tried to uninstall Norton Internet Security(which keeps conflicting) it doesn't actually load the screens to finish the uninstall. It just loads temporarily with the hourglass and then nothing happens. I've tried removing Norton before Windows even loads using the Kasparsky installer but STILL have the same issue. Has anyone had this problem and can suggest any way to get it uninstalled so I can use the full anti-virus software I got for free?

Thanks guys!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Issues Uninstalling Norton Internet Security on New Lapt

Post by vbironchef »

Sometimes you need to go to Norton web page and download a program that will fully uninstall the program. Sometimes Norton requires you to reboot after uninstalling from control panel. Try to stop processes before uninstalling. I hope that it helps. That's what I did before installing 2011 Kasparsky.
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

Successfully got Norton Internet Security removed using the Norton Removal Tool but once I'd rebooted and tried to reinstall again I still got the same error so I thought I'd SS it and upload it to see if that helps at all. Once again I appreciate the speedy responses!

InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

Got the problem solved. Went into my program files and found that the initial Kasparsky install attempt had unpacked the files so every time I tried to do it again it thought it was already installed. I deleted the files then tried again and it worked perfectly! :) The suggestion for the Norton Removal Tool was vital though! Thanks again LR guys!