by mistake c:\ access delete

A place to talk about all things mobile
shamsh tabrez
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

by mistake c:\ access delete

Post by shamsh tabrez »

Hello,by mistake in c:\ properties- securaty-advance satting delete all acess of c:\,now i can`t access the c:\ by window,can`t instal and uninstal any softwere in my pc and not able to delete any file on pc.now after purchase i didn`t make recovery disc. today i try to make recovery disc.using start-recovery manager-create recovery,not open window show error(windows cannot acess c:\program file x86\hewlett-packard\recovery\cd creator.exe)please guide me what is the solution of this problem. please give help to make access on c drive.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: by mistake c:\ access delete

Post by DragonFury »

Yank the HDD from the computer locate a buddy's computer and hook up that HDD to his computer and pull all your important information that way. It will not mess with his computer, because it will read it as another hdd. If you dont have a friend who can help you, also if you do not have a restoration disc for your computer, normally HP and Dell puts a partition on the hdd and the computer can be recovered by pressing a button during boot up (pay close attention to the posting process). If you do not have a restoration partition on the computer You will need to get your hands on the same exact OS that was installed onto your computer, do a fresh install (do not format just create a new install) this should allow you to gain access to your files that you want to get ahold of. going this route can be rather tricky, if done wrong you will wipe the entire contents of the HDD. DOne this a few times through out my life time, if you have to go the above route just make sure you do a install while keeping existing files. Windows will reinstall the OS keeping all other files in tact.

After you are able to pull all your important information off of the drive then do a complete reformat and reinstall of the OS.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....