Compaq Prestar c700

A place to talk about all things mobile
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Compaq Prestar c700

Post by kylepaddock »

Iam having some really weird problems with my laptop. I turned it off and now when I plug it does not turn on with or without the battery. I have tried the basics. Now I Need some smart brains.
Kyl
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
Ebay is: horizonlongtails it is 100%!!!
KnightRid

Re: Compaq Prestar c700

Post by KnightRid »

try a different outlet.

unplug all cord from power pack and reconnect.

keep battery out for at least 10 minutes, then put it back in and plug the laptop in and let it OFF for at least 30 minutes, then try it.

Try a different power pack

Just pulling at straws here really. It is so hard to diagnose something like this unless you have spare parts.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Compaq Prestar c700

Post by InspectahACE »

If there is no power going to the laptop itself(or even charge the battery) while plugged in, its probably the DC Jack which can be as expensive to repair as buying a new system(PC shops charge alot since you have take the laptop apart and resolder the Jack). Does the plug wiggle at the laptop? If it does then it's a good bet that it's the DC jack.

Replacing a motherboard in a laptop is also the same result. The time and money spent could be used on a new system. Good news is, the hard drive could still be good so an enclosure will be all that's needed if you need stuff of the the drive.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro