HTC One X Phone

A place to talk about all things mobile
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

HTC One X Phone

Post by Major_A »

I wasn't sure where to put this thread. Just saw the review of it and I want one. I only have to wait until October for a discounted upgrade (EVO 4G can't play games without lagging). I also read that Sprint is ditching WiMax for LTE. Wonder what that means for people who just bought 4G phones.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones ... -50007077/
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/02/htc-one-x-review/

*EDIT*
I know it's not going to be the same offer in October but I looked up how much Sprint will buy back my current phone for. What they are offering is tempting as hell. I originally thought about hanging onto the phone to play with ROMs and use it as a MP3 player. Truth be told I expected $25 bucks, they gave me a whooping $15 for my Blackberry when I traded it in. Now I'm seeing what they are offering I might just give them the phone. I'll have to wait to see how much they are charging for the One X for a discounted update. If it's the standard $200 for a 2 year agreement then I'll probably just hang on to it. Thoughts?
Sprint_Buyback.PNG
Sprint_Buyback.PNG (54.23 KiB) Viewed 9465 times
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: HTC One X Phone

Post by Sttm »

I got a HTC Rezound last December, and the hardware is very solid with no issues. The 720p screen, like the One has, is just quite amazing. The battery doesnt last long when I do it, but just loading up a 720p Blu Ray rip onto it is just gorgeous.

That said, ICS came out like 2 weeks after I bought my phone, and here we are 4 months later and I still haven't got an update. Right now the phone is fairly quick, but the software is buggy and does odd **** all the time. Half the time ill pick it up and it will not have an internet connection even though it should still be connected to my wifi and says it is. That a software update that should drastically improve the experience and fix problems was released by Google yet can't seem to make it to any non nexus phones in 4 months makes me want to jump ship from Android to WP in 2 years when my contract is done.

I think they also just announced a new Evo on Sprint, that should work with their new LTE network, you might want to look into that over the One. Also HTC seems to release a new high end device every 6 months, so I think you should wait till Oct and get the Two phone or the EVO 4GX3 FTW Black Edition or whatever they call it then. It could be the same offer in Oct but it probably wont be the same device. It should be a better one.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I have an HTC Thunderbolt, got when it come out. Only have gotten one OS update in the last year and they have said that ICS is not on the table and it wont be for the Thunderbolt. Only way I will get it is I root it and use a ROM when or if someone makes one.

Don't bank on updates.

Verizon LTE is stupid fast.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

bubba wrote:Verizon LTE is stupid fast.
True That. 32 down 18 up was the highest ive seen so far. I have 50/10 Comcast at home and I can't tell the difference between LTE and Wifi.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Houston is first for cell phone tests (specifically Ma Bell aka AT&T). Since they're based out of San Antonio we usually get upgraded networks before most. That said Verizon and Sprint are usually right behind them. Seems like I read that Houston is one of four cities to get the new LTE next month.

http://blog.chron.com/techblog/2012/04/ ... six-weeks/

You should see some of the AT&T LTE speeds when they flipped the switch here in Houston.
http://blog.chron.com/techblog/2011/09/ ... s-for-now/