Recommend me a Netbook/Laptop

A place to talk about all things mobile
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Recommend me a Netbook/Laptop

Post by Tim Burton »

I need a laptop or a netbook (or Ultrabook). I need it to have 4-5 hours of battery. It must play 1080p and if possible I'd like to some basic games. Nothing serious like Deus Ex:HR, but stuff like Torchlight, Memoir 44 and Galactic Empires II.

It must have BT and a webcam for Skype since I'm in the military and use it to talk to my parents and my girl.

I'd like it to be 11 or 12 inches, I can fit a bit wider laptop in my bag, but not much. I presently own an Asus 1000HE, I love it, but it's getting long in the tooth.

I'm partial to Asus, but open to anything.

Thanks,
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Recommend me a Netbook/Laptop

Post by Major_A »

I don't think anyone other than iPad 3 has a screen that small with 1080P resolutions. If you do find something like that I'm sure the price would give you sticker shock.

Wow after looking on Newegg this is the closest laptop with your wanted specs... :shock:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834127594
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Oh, I don't mind it the resolution is bigger, I just want it to play 1080p videos. My Asus 1000HE can't play that resolution of video and it sucks.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Since that's the case you're best bet is probably an AMD APU (aka A Series). DXVA of video files and can probably handle most games at lower resolutions.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Perfect! Thanks, I'll look for that.