Hello, let me introduce myself!

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
jerrytaylor501
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Hello, let me introduce myself!

Post by jerrytaylor501 »

Hello, let me introduce myself! my name is Jerry Taylor and I came to this sight searching for an answer to muliple video cards in one computer.
Oddly enough, as I looked for solutions to use more than one, i find posts looking to use more cards to add more monitors. In responce to" can you have more than one video card with Vista, the answer is yes. I have two ATI PCI express cards with three monitors running at the moment. The key I believe to the success of this application is the motherboard, one that has more than one PCI express slot.

My question is, can I use two cards to better the performance of one monitor. Is there some way to interlace one video card to another?
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Hello, let me introduce myself!

Post by Alathald »

This is not exactly the best spot for that question but yes you can, it's called CrossFire for an ATI system and SLI for nvidea...you can find more info over in the video card forums.

BTW welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Welcome to the Forums!
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

welcome
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Welcome to LR.

Alathald's (and I spelt it right this time Kyle :P) advice is solid. If you have any further questions about it, be sure to make a new thread in the Graphics sub forums.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Welcome!
:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460