New to community

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
rat6fink
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

New to community

Post by rat6fink »

Hiya All!

I'm new to the community, and actually, a newb to the PC world also. Apologies go out to everyone, I've spent the last 10 or so years living on a Mac (sorry). Now the computing world is opening up, and the wool has been pulled away from my eyes. On to the questions that Apoptosis suggested...

- How did you find the forums? A couple of people that I know and value their opinions and knowledge told me to get my tail to LegitReviews.com...

- Are you an Intel or AMD Fan Boy/Girl? Can't really say I'm a Fanboy (yet) but I am running AMD

- What type of gaming are you into? Haven't gotten into the gaming (YET!) on the comp, but on the 360 I play First Person Shooters, and driving games...

- Are you an overclocker? Not yet, but I definitely plan on it. I have my GPU OC'ed slightly over stock right now. MUST HAVE MORE POWER

- What system are you running?

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055t 2.8GHz (stock now, but oh boy! can't wait to see what it can do!)
CPU Cooler: Stock (for now...hehehehe)
Mainboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
GPU: Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
RAM: 8GB (2GB x 4) G.Skill 1600 DDR3, with G. Skill Turbulence cooler
Hard Drive(s): 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1TB Seagate Barracuda
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
Chassis: Thermaltake Element G mid tower

And I enjoy sunsets, long walks in the park, and the first cut in a fresh sheet of construction paper.
skier

Re: New to community

Post by skier »

welcome to the board!

you'll find plenty of expertise on 1055T's here as myself and 3 other people on here run 'em overclocked (just above 4GHz on mine benching right now) so get a $30+ CPU cooler and have some fun :supz: i have an H50 myself and as a daily driver out of the box it idles way high compared to heatpipe tower coolers, but get a couple high CFM fans on it and it runs very cool (or you can lap it like me) and you really have a lot of options with it

for some CPU cooler suggestions check out the latest article and see what the best cooler is you can afford
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: New to community

Post by bubba »

Welcome :)
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson