Who is Big Paulie (killswitch83)?

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Who is Big Paulie (killswitch83)?

Post by killswitch83 »

Well, in a nutshell, I'm just a psychotic computer hardware nut who has an immense love for all things strained :) ........I came across the forums one day when I was looking around for help on building an Athlon XP rig for one of my buddies......found this place through Yahoo! believe it or not, and got some good responses, so I decided to hang around, so here I am now, 1500+ posts later, helping people as I can (ok, so I'm not exactly new, but felt I should post anyways, lol).

I like weighttraining, which I haven't done in awhile due to current work schedule and just life, lol; I'm also very fond of cars, especially older muscle (I still think there's nothing like having a 454 with a dual-Holley setup beneath your feet, heheh). I am going to school for my Associate's in Computer Technology with Networking Electives (read Cisco and CCNA prep classes) so I can provide the kind of life for myself and my parents that I want them to have: good, solid, secure.....and plus did I mentioned I love computers, lol and would love to do nothing more than work on em all day or work on computer networks?

In a word, a psychotically entranced PC enthusiast, lol :lol:
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

Guess we have something in common
computer nuts and muscle car lovers! :supz:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hellz yeah! lemme guess, NFS:MW? Nice looking Beemer......I haven't got a chance to play it yet, does it have a decent Vette in it? Man, I want a Z06 sooooooooooooooo fricking bad, lol, but who doesn't......but I want it for a different reason, I got to sit in one, and I know the car fits me perfectly for a sports car, and it's a tight tight ride, and makes for one hell of a joyride on the freeway! Good thing there's some car enthusiasts here too, I like that! :)
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

I freaking love vettes!1969 Vette Stingray is my fav car!
Just for you
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

oh man, lol, drooling :drool: :drool:

have you ever had the chance to drive one?!?!?!? man, if you haven't, especially one of the newer ones, or even more so the Callaway Sledgehammer, you don't know what you're missing!! The shifting is soooo fluid, and the suspension hugs the road, even going around a curve at around 150 or so (yeah, I have a death wish, lol, it comes with the territory!!)......the Comp T/A TransAm (think it's like a mid-90's model if I can remember right) is much the same way.....suspension and tires it comes with is soo sticky it's extremely hard to take it off the road, I know I had a hard time breaking one out :mrgreen:

man, I'm gonna have to grab an LT1 now, lol
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

I drove a 2000 Corvette once,man did I enjoy it.I didn't want to get off the driver seat.Another car that I have driven is a 1974 charger.Man did I want to buy,it was 4k and damn was it nice.Once I grow up and be rich I'm buying all the muscle cars that ever existed lol.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Damn right!! I hear ya there! Personally, I want to get my hands on a '69 Chevelle again......the 454 SS!!!!! That car has been my first love ever since I got a chance to drive a muscle car......it had raw, unbridled, ball-busting power! I'm not all that old (22 actually), but I've had a chance to drive some cars now, and that's on my list, along with the Smokey and the Bandit TransAm, a 1964 Impala SS, a '92 or '93 300ZX (yes, I want this for my own reasons, lol.....first car to ever make me almost cream my pants, rofl), along with a few newer cars, like the 2006 Z06, a mid 90's Acura NSX, and some others I can't bring to mind right now, lol......oh yeah, and a Charger with the 6-Pack and Shaker Hood :mrgreen:
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Paul, if it makes you feel better I used to have a '96 corvette ZR-1. 450HP. black. I had it from '97 to '2000. :)
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I've driven a '00 vette also... man... now I can't wait to get one in my garage either! I also got the chance to drive an '82 vette... the old classic stingray! :) (the '00 seemed to be so much faster off the line though!)
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

The C5 vett is one of the most fun cars i have ever driven :) im lucy though my grandfather gets a new vett every 2-3 years so i get to drive them all the time.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

sbohdan wrote:Paul, if it makes you feel better I used to have a '96 corvette ZR-1. 450HP. black. I had it from '97 to '2000. :)
pretty sweet wasn't it!! I want one in Jet Black, no pinstriping, and chrome wheels, and 6-speed....man that would make one hell of a Christmas present, lol. Dunno if you had this one or not, but the 300ZX (92-up) is sweet. My buddy had one, and I had a chance to drive it. He had a twin turbo, but replaced the stock turbos with T66's......and believe me, what a difference! Good thing that V-6 was beefy with its forged component glory, lol. It was tight around turns, and just really really fun to drive, not to mention the heads I got to turn with me in it (quite a few sexy girls whistled at my ugly self, rofl).
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

At my autoshop class one of my friends brought his 300zx to change his engine,from a v6 to v8 I think I don't remember well.Also there is one parked in front of my building.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I'll expierence my neighbors Z06 first hand once he gets that... can't wait till next week. those things are so bad :snakeman:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

oh yeah, you'll love it for sure! It's one hell of a ride.....haven't had any time in the '06 yet, but last year's was frickin sweet, so I can only imagine what the LS7-powered beast will be able to do......500 HP if I'm not mistaken.....phew, I want to experience that one myself. You'll like the balsa wood floors (yes I said balsa wood), and you'll appreciate the carbon-fiber nuances as well (I think this one has it).....of course, for right now, I would be happy with a new Acura RSX or TSX, as they are nice for the market they're geared towards.
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

Have you guys seen this clip?
http://tcmdb.com/title/title.jsp?scarlettTitleId=21345
click on the mustang vs charger
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

haha on the 'Stang, I hate Ford.....go Dodge, muhahaha, give em hell! :)
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

cre8 wrote:I freaking love vettes!1969 Vette Stingray is my fav car!
Just for you
this looks like it came out of cs:s or something :) (the picture, not the car)
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

any Corvette enthusiast knows who John Lingenfelter is.....he was the founder of LPE, who specializes in high horsepower Corvette kits. You'd give his shop your 'Vette, choose his 880 or 1100+ HP kit, and his crew would install it for you.....everything from exhaust to turbos to nice interior accents to hellacious engines......he's my idol, lol :)

His Vette was the shiznit on many many MANY tracks.....he would wax all sorts of s**t.......his Vette was frickin awesome, and I wish I had the cash to have such a landmark car! :)