Yes, another one who forgot their intro.....

Now that you have found our forums and become a member take a second to introduce yourself to others and get to know us!
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Yes, another one who forgot their intro.....

Post by gvblake22 »

Ok ok ok, I felt bad I haven't "oficially" introduced myself here yet, so here'goes...
My name is Blake (hence the gvblake22) and I am 22 years old. I currently attend Grand Valley State University (hence the gvblake22in West Michigan for a major in Geography (specifically GIS, which is Geographic Information Systems) and a minor in Information Technology.
I also run Cross Country and Track & Field for my university. I run the 5k in track. Just to put it in perspective of how much I run (too much), my best mile time is about 4:17 :P
But that took like 8 years of running, and I'm prettymuch ready to be done. And that's good because I'm in my last semester now! WOO HOO!!! :partyman:

Here is my Track Bio:
http://gvsulakers.collegesports.com/spo ... ake00.html

- How did you find the forums?
I can't remember for sure, but I think I was just searching for some product reviews and stumbled across the site. The layout, colors, and content caught my eye and I browsed around for a bit. Finally found one of their first forum contests (an Asus intel motherboard) and registered in the forums to win it (but I didn't win).

- What system are you running?
AMD Athlon64 3200
ChaintechVNF4 Ultra motherboard (courtesy of LegitReviews!)
XFX 6800GT with custom cooling
2x512MB OCZ Platinum PC-4800
A 74GB Raptor and 120GB Barracuda
Modded coolermaster case (see profile for worklog link)

- Are you an Intel or AMD Fan Boy/Girl?
At the moment I'm a big fan of AMD's Athlon 64 and X2 processors. But I'm also anxiously awaiting Intel's next generation "Conroe" processors!

- What type of gaming are you into?
I like most kinds. FPS, Multiplayer FPS, RPG, MMORPG, RTS. Basically, if it has great graphics and a solid gameplay, I'm all for it! :)

- Are you an overclocker?
Yes, most definately. I've been bitten by the overclocking/modding bug and I don't think there is a cure in sight! Except maybe the fact that my bank account is running dry :shock:

I've been posting at Legit Reviews for a while now because I like the people here, I like the reviews, and I like the philosophy behind which everything everyone operates. It's a fun, friendly place where technology and random stuff can come together for an educational, logical, rational discussion. Plus the free giveaways are always fun too :mrgreen:

And, as you can see, I can be a little bit of a chattermouth.
And to give you all something else to say besides "Welcome", I'll present you with my next (and biggest) project.

I am currently working in the first phase of building a custom case from scratch. Below is a preliminary sketch of the layout. Let me know what you guys think...
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/t ... e-rev2.jpg
Yellow = HDD's
Pink = Optical Drives
Light blue = 3.5" drive device (probably a card reader)
Dark blue = PSU
Cooling components are black. The four black squares in the front are 80mm passive vents with dust filters. There are two 120mm exhaust fans in the back (one in the bottom half, one in the top half).

The overall goal of this case is silent cooling. I would like to use something like the Skythe Ninja to passively cool the processor and rely on the 120mm exhaust fan that is right there for air circulation.

The case will be a cube shape (about 13") and will be constructed using 1/4" dark gray tinted (smoke) acrylic for the panels and 1/8" flourescent green acrylic for the drive cages and motherboard tray and accents around the optical drives. Cable sleaving will also be UV green. And yes, the motherboard will sit flat like that (the processor faces up toward the sky).
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

NICE BLAKE . nice intro, nice results in running. nice everything for a super nice guy :finga: :drinkers: :P
oh, and did I forgot to say: nice project. keep us updated on that :)
you forgot to mention, that you are a proud member of Legit Folding :)
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Welcome... err wait.. hehe

Good juju and cool project in the works.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Folding slowly but surely for Team 38296!!! :supz: