No TV out on Radeon HD 3450

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
progrocktv
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

No TV out on Radeon HD 3450

Post by progrocktv »

Hi All,
Just bought a HIS Radeon HS 3450 (to replace my Nvidia) to be able to play full-screen video overlay to a CRT monitor via S-VHS cable while keeping my desktop displayed on my computer monitor (something Nvidia no longer supports). I read ATI's Theater Mode can do this, however I'm having a heck of a time getting it to work.
First everything is hooked up, booted and the Catalys Control Center is version 9.2, but my CRT is only displaying a black screen.
In DISPLAY MANAGER I'm not getting any response when clicking "Detect Displays" and I also tried right clicking "Enable" on the box for monitor 2 which is grayed out , my computer monitor goes black for a second and then box 2 is grayed out again. Also under "Desktop Display Setup" dragging the "Attached displays currently disabled" which shows a picture of my CRT to the grey empty square doesn't work. However I can drag it to the first square and swap it with my computer monitor, but now my computer screen goes black and I only see my desktop on my CRT (but that does show I am able to get some sort of signal to the CRT). Under DISPLAY OPTIONS I have tried everything with "Force TV Detect" checked and unchecked with no results, same with each setting under "Display Detection Options". Under AVIVO VIDEO, the "Second Display" and all of the other options are grayed out and clicking "Display Manager" just takes be back to the above.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
tsouthen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: No TV out on Radeon HD 3450

Post by tsouthen »

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have surmised that the 2nd display is the other video connector and not the TV connection, but still see no way to activate the TV at the same time as the primary display.

Please let me know if you happen to figure this out, otherwise I'm going to have to return this card.
tsouthen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: No TV out on Radeon HD 3450

Post by tsouthen »

Problem solved! I needed to connect my monitor to the DVI output using the DVI-VGA adapter included with the video card. Then I was able to run both the TV out and the primary monitor at the same time.

Good luck!