ALL-IN-WONDER HD w/ Windows 7??

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Wheely34
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

ALL-IN-WONDER HD w/ Windows 7??

Post by Wheely34 »

So I am having a hard time getting my all-in-wonder HD card working. The card is installed, was detected, and the appropriate drivers installed. Restarted the machine and everything seems fine. When I go to actually use the tv tuner, windows media center is telling me "The TV signal cannot be configured because a TV tuner cannot be detected. If you have a tuner, ensure it is installed correctly." I also tried using the Catalyst Media Center and it gives me a similar message. Is it possible for the tuner to just be dead? The video card itself works perfectly, the tuner just will not be detected.

I have tried both installing drivers from ATI's website and just letting windows install the drivers...which I think they installed the exact same driver. I am currently running my coaxial cable from my FiOS box to the tuner card, but I also tried eliminating the box and just running the cable right from the "wall" to the card...niether gave me any luck.

Could this be a Windows 7 issue? I am currently running Windows 7 Professional x64. The card did not come with 7 drivers, just XP and Vista. Is there some kind of fix out there, or is my tuner just dead?
Wheely34
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: ALL-IN-WONDER HD w/ Windows 7??

Post by Wheely34 »

searching around on google is telling me its definitely an issue with 7. im currently going to try some fixes that i saw, does anyone have a fix that they know works?
Wheely34
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Wheely34 »

lol, ok shoulda just tried to solve it before posting, but this is good anyway because those of you who have windows 7 and buy this card WILL run into this issue, and this can save u a bit of a head ache:

1- Updated to the newest driver from ATI (9.12 released 12/17/09)
2- in Device Manager, found this device (NTativlm61) in Other Devices - says that the device isn't working, click on it and search for driver
3- locate the driver here: (find your ATI folder, then) Packages\Drivers\WDM\AVS_RIO\LH64A\

after this is installed, the tuner is instantly detected without a reboot.
thehelfer
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by thehelfer »

Thanks for the info. I just installed Win 7 64bit and could not get the ATI AIW HD to tune. Guided by your post, it works. Thanks again,
Mark
:)