ATI USB TV Wonder 1.1

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Boothbay
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

ATI USB TV Wonder 1.1

Post by Boothbay »

HI, this is my first post here, it was pure luck that I came across a forum where maybe I could get some info with other ATI USB TV Wonder unit owners. It is not the 2.0 version that I have. ATI refuses to help answer just one simple question if the product is discontinued..which I can see up to a point...but then what is one suppose to do with a unit that is working perfectly for my satisfaction? My problem only, is a sequence that I had never used before on this unit. Its called "Still Gallery". The menu shows the setup for it and I followed it many times without any luck. I can never see the box that is suppose to appear where I can store capture shots and change formats. I have no idea if its the way my actual setup with my tv and vcr and directv. I have a choice of s-video, composite and cable. I tried all three and still cannot get "Still Gallery" to appear. Is there anyone here that still has this external unit and have an answer? Thanks
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Anyone got any ideas???
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

not from me, i have never used it before sorry.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Boothbay
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

ATI USB TV Woner 1.1

Post by Boothbay »

Maybe I might be able to get some more suggestions if I say that I've been tweaking the system and now I can capture video ...but only 50% of the time. This unit gives you a tv display where you watch tv obviously. It also has an icon button for recording video, and a capture button. This is the one that I am having the problem with. The manual says you can capture from live tv...stills. Now when i open the File player, which also has the capture button, it works just fine. Why won't it work with the tv supply and yet it does for the file player. If it were not capable to do so, then that capture button would not be there or the manual would not mention it.