AIW X800XT Thermal Paste

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Duke3d87
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

AIW X800XT Thermal Paste

Post by Duke3d87 »

Ya, so I have the AIW X800XT, and it runs slightly warm (that's an understatement BTW). The ram hits 165 F on load, and i'm a bit worried about it. I know the AIW X800XTs can handle up to 127 C, but i want my card to live past two years. So, i'm looking for a better fan for it. Thinking about going to WC but not sure if i want to. The question is. what kind of thermal interface does ATI use for it's video cards? Like between the core and the HSF for the AIW X800XT?
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

whatever ATI uses it want be as good as arctic silver 5 and you better change it. also get an ATI silencer. those are great and not to loud eighter. or if you up for some moding- get a thermalright SI-97 (CPU heatpipe cooler) and with little mod it can cool your card's GPU as much as a WC. the only drawback is that it takes 3 pci slots.
Last edited by sbohdan on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Duke3d87
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Duke3d87 »

I was worrying that if the card ever died, that i want to be able to RMA it...so i was wondering about the thermal paste.
Bal`thzar
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bal`thzar »

if you are OCing it and you fry it, depending on what blew you might not have to worry about thermal paste because they won't accept it.

but that being said I had a friend blow his up and while swapping out the ram sinks the chips came offa the board, well he crazy glued them down onto the board and then put the stock ramsinks back on and ATI replaced the card. So I don't think they look to close.
ELIK18
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by ELIK18 »

ADD A FAN NEAR THE CARD TO COOL HIM....