ATI Catalyst 10.8 Drivers Coming This Afternoon

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ATI Catalyst 10.8 Drivers Coming This Afternoon

Post by Apoptosis »

I just got word that ATI CATALYST 10.8 video card drivers will be released in a few hours! Here is a sneak peak at part of the release notes!

Update: ATI has just released ATI Catalyst 10.8 for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux platforms on http://www.amd.com or http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite Version 10.8 Release Notes

New Features

This section provides information on new features found in this release of the ATI Radeon™ Display Driver. These include the following:
- OpenGL ES 2.0 support
- Video Quality default options
- Performance enhancement for Eyefinity Quad ATI CrossFireX™ configurations
- Anti-Aliasing support for StarCraft II

OpenGL ES 2.0 support
- ATI Catalyst™ 10.8 delivers full support for OpenGL ES 2.0 specification
- Enables 3D accelerated graphics within a web browser that supports OpenGL ES 2.0
- Supported on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7

Video Quality default options
- The Default video options for ATI Catalyst™ have been greatly enhanced to deliver the best quality video viewing experience. Users can also choose to apply these settings to Internet Video via a new checkbox control within the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center

Performance enhancement for Eyefinity Quad ATI CrossFireX™ configurations
- Performance has been greatly improved for users running with ATI Eyefinity on a Quad ATI CrossFireX™ configuration

Anti-Aliasing support for StarCraft II
- ATI Catalyst™ Control Center enabled Anti-Aliasing is now available for StarCraft

Catalyst™ Application Profiles
The following application profiles are available with this release of Catalyst™ 10.8:
- Singularity – CrossFire™ profile update
- Mafia 2 – CrossFire™ profile update
- Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark – new CrossFire™ profile
- Lord of the Rings Online – new CrossFire™ profile
- Aliens Vs. Predator – CrossFire™ profile update

Performance Improvements
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™ 10.8:

- Far Cry 2
Performance increases 2-6% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations
Performance increases 2-4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations
Performance increases 3-8% on ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations

-Left 4 Dead 2
Performance increases 3-5% on CrossFire™ ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series and CrossFire™ ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series configurations

-Stormrise
Performance increases 5-10% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 series and ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 series configurations

Resolved Issues for All Windows Operating Systems
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows. These include:
- HDMI default refresh rate now appears properly as 60 Hz under HDTV in Catalyst™ Control Center
- Catalyst™ Control Center - Basic wizard pane or resolution combo box in "Display Setting for Desktop Viewing" page no longer turns blank in basic view for component video mode
- "FSAA" is a selectable option in City of Heroes / City of Heroes Going Rogue™

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™
Software Suite for Windows 7. These include:
- Desktop line corruption no longer observed after powering off the DP display andthen turning it on while viewing Blu-ray content
- "Borderlands" no longer fails after a duration of gameplay
- Opening numerous windows in Adobe Photoshop CS5 no longer causes applicationto fail
- Re-sizing Windows Media Player while viewing 720/1080 WMV video content no longer causes the screen to turn black
- "ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead" game now works in CrossFire™ mode
- Shifting mouse cursor between displays no longer causes intermittent cursorcorruption or system lock up

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™
Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:
- Catalyst™ Control Center no longer fails and displays error message while transcoding specific video files on 64-bit operating systems
- AVI video no longer lags during playback within Microsoft PowerPoint slide deck
- 3D and video settings in Catalyst™ Control Center are now retained after resume from sleep/hibernate
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ATI Catalyst 10.8 Drivers Coming This Afternoon

Post by hark »

Cool. I was looking at the calendar this morning, wondering when the next set was going to be released since the month was close to finishing. Downloading now.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

I installed them and they broke CCC for me again; and this time system restore is not fixing it.

So right now, if I try and open the Catalyst control panel, using the mouse dialog box, or the start menu path, or in the control panel; the process pops up in the task manager then immediately terminates.

I wish Cyberpower would get me that GTX460 already so I can just wipe these ati drivers!
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

are you running ccleaner and un-installing the previous ATI drivers with the ATI remove utility?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

I got it to work again, but I am not sure why. I was using driver sweeper, cc cleaner, and the ati uninstaller. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the .Net Framework. I wiped every ati driver and software off the computer that I could find, then went about installing the CCC package from 10.5 and on, wiping it clear after each.That failed. Then I tried installing only the 10.8 CCC, with the standalone installer, and it worked. Even though that had previously failed before. So maybe it was .Net that was an issue, or maybe one of the previous drivers was an issue, I dont know. I made a thread about it on AMD's catalyst boards, and other people are having the same issue; and I wish I knew what it was that was causing the problem and I could tell them exactly what fixed it on my machine.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

These are crap every time i boot up my machine i have to then go into CCC to change something (doesn't matter what) before the desktop goes full screen otherwise I'm left with an 1" both sides x .5" top and bottom black boarder..... WTF WTH jesus ATI every new release so far has cocked something up
Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8320 @ 3700MHz NB/HT @ 2600MHZ
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 C9
1x Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 9550MHz core 1250MHz mem
1x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR212S SATA
2x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm raid0
1x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm storage
1x WD2500AAJS 8MB cache 7200rpm storage
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
SilverStone ST75F-P 750W PSU Full Modular
SilverStone RaVeN RV02B-W
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

Interesting how you guys are having problems. I installed these a while back and have had no problems. I don't think I've had any improvements in any of my programs, though. I just uninstalled the previous set using control panel, reset, then installed this set. I don't care much for driver sweepers.
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

can you play Quake 3 with these I can't 10.7 I could 10.6 nope 10.5 yes 10.4 nope (yes i know it's an OOOOOllllllld game but i have heaps of maps n mods and works on a LAN just fine) I did d/l an DirectX port but it just failed to start...

something else I've noticed too is when watching full screen Video with MPC-HC x64 it dumps back to desktop and a window for no apparent reason
Asus Crosshair V Formula
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
TechBari
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by TechBari »

Athlonite wrote:These are crap every time i boot up my machine i have to then go into CCC to change something (doesn't matter what) before the desktop goes full screen otherwise I'm left with an 1" both sides x .5" top and bottom black boarder..... WTF WTH jesus ATI every new release so far has cocked something up
I had exactly the same problem as noted above. So I went back to catalyst 10.4, which really seems to be the best catalyst and driver release thus far. Additionally, I was having difficulties mirroring or duplicating my second monitor. Every time I accessed my second display, after about 10 seconds or so the display would revert to extended desktop. I finally resolve this by setting up a hot key for duplicate mode, so when the display reverted back to extended desktop I executed the hotkey for duplicate mode and it seemed to stick and I haven't had a problem since.
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

I don't think ATI has fixed its support for older OpenGL games.
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

hark wrote:I don't think ATI has fixed its support for older OpenGL games.
Isn't really nice of ATI to decide for me when it's time to give up a perfectly good game like Quake 3 Arena thanks ATI remind me to punch you bastards in the Balls for Xmas
Asus Crosshair V Formula
lareth
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lareth »

I need help,

I updated wit hthis driver, and afterwards my game graphics are all worng.

All text is blurry, and in one game osme textures went missing etc.

I change reoslution, and the textures go even worse, if possible.

I can't roll back. I tried installing old drivers, but the textures are still the way they were before.

I have an ATI radeon HD 4800 card.
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

you need to uninstall the 10.8's then use driver cleaner to clean out the rest reboot then install an earlier version
Asus Crosshair V Formula
lareth
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lareth »

Ok, I got this drive rupdate uninstalled somehow, cant remember how. The remove program thing on windows gave me and error.

Afte rthat I used the driver cleaner and reinstalled the 10-7 version. Now everything works.