ATI Releases Catalyst 10.9 Video Card Drivers for Download

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

ATI Releases Catalyst 10.9 Video Card Drivers for Download

Post by XstollieX »

AMD has released the ATI Catalyst 10.8 video card drivers to the public for download. This release of ATI Catalyst brings performance improvements in three game title along with numerous resolved issues and new features for all Windows operating systems. If you want the latest driver be sure to download it from here! The full ATI Catalyst Software Suite Version 10.8 Release Notes can be found here if you want to read them.
Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 10.9 Windows release include:

Performance improvements
· STALKER: Call of Pripyat Benchmark

o Performance increases up to 20% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations with Enhanced full dynamic lighting (DX11) and anti-aliasing enabled

o Performance increases up to 12% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations with Enhanced full dynamic lighting (DX11) and anti-aliasing enabled

· The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

o Performance increases up to 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations

o Performance increases up to 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations

o Performance increases up to 5% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations

o Performance increases up to 6% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series single and CrossFire™ configurations

Catalyst™ Application Profiles
· Aliens Vs. Predator – Profile update

· Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Profile update

· F1 2010 – Profile update

· Kane & Lynch 2 – New profile

Support for the Internet Explorer 9 Beta release
· AMD’s graphics processors deliver graphics acceleration through Direct2D and HTML 5 for the Internet Explorer 9 beta release

· Be sure to check out AMD’s website for an example of GPU acceleration within Internet Explorer 9 (http://www.amd.com/direct2d-html5)

Resolved issue highlights:

UVD clocks will now return to normal speeds after switching from HD to SD content
Flickering no longer visible while running 3D games on HDMI displays with Quad CrossFire™ enabled
Mesh corruption is no longer visible in "The Chronicles of Riddick 2: Assault on Dark Athena" when SSAO in-game setting is set to high
CrossFire™ now functions properly and in-game Anti-Aliasing can now be enabled in "StarCraft II"
Adobe Flash Player will no longer display green screen after resume from sleep
Negative CrossFire™ scaling on "Final Fantasy-XIV" no longer occurs
Intermittent perfomance drops no longer observed with harware cursor enabled in"World of Warcraft" game in extended mode

Highlights of the Linux ATI Catalyst™ 10.9 release include:

New Features

Support for new Linux operating systems
This release of ATI Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:
RHEL 6 support (early look)

For more information on ATI Catalyst™ 10.9 (for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the ATI Catalyst™ 10.9 release notes.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ATI Releases Catalyst 10.9 Video Card Drivers for Downlo

Post by Sttm »

This release installed properly, and it fixed an issue I was having with dual screen where if I put the cursor in the bottom right corner of my primary monitor it would flash in and out and the computer would freeze up a bit. Finally a good driver.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"