Help! NOISY DISPLAY

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
guitz_man
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Help! NOISY DISPLAY

Post by guitz_man »

i am having a big problem.i have reinstaled my windows and i notised that the desktop looks like crap.i have windows 7 64.i disabled Windows Aero and it looked better but when i open a picture or a video the image is noisy,it has lots of points.the weird thing is that an image looks good if i visualise it on the internet,but when i save it on my computer the same thing, very bad image.i instaled the latest driver for my card.i have Ati radeon X1050 Series. With aero on everything looks noisy. If you have any suggestions please tell me. Thanks.
skier

Re: Help! NOISY DISPLAY

Post by skier »

what resolution?
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
guitz_man
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by guitz_man »

the resolution is 1280x1024
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Make sure you are on your monitors native resolution and be sure you have the latest video card drivers installed.

You said you have an ATI Radeon X1050 Series card? You should save up for a replacement card as that is now a legacy card with minimal support when it comes to drivers. In fact that DX9 card hasn't had a driver updated in half a year as Catalyst 10.2 drivers are the latest. Also, to make matters worse your GPU is not officially supported under windows 7.
Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support).
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
guitz_man
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by guitz_man »

I had the same problem on windows Xp. then i installed 7
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

If that is the case then very strange... Maybe something on the card went bad and causing the corruption during certain activities. :(

Have you tried a different card in the same system? Does anyone have an ATI card you can borrow to trouble shoot?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!