Possible ATI card damage?

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
naarwen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Possible ATI card damage?

Post by naarwen »

Hello all, first of all i will provide some data about my machine, its an intel duo core E4600 2.4 Ghz @Gb Ram, run windows vista and my ATI is a radeon x1300/x1550. and I always used a CRT flatron monitor.

My problem is, I play Dungeons n Dragons online, well, i always played it with this very machine, smoothly, no problems whatsoever, no stutter, no lag no nothing, with fairly above low-end graphics, all set to medium or high, caused me no problems whatsoever. Recently i had to format my pc, and i installed Win 7 on it, thought it was too heavy for my machine and switched back to XP sp3, the same XP i used before, from the same CD-room. Now I cant play the game anymore
Ive done everything their forums supports told me too, change the game location, update ati drivers, update catalyst update dx 9 drivers, turn off high def audio, wll ive tried everything and nothing works, the game is a stuter fest and its unplayable.... since this stutter also happens on quite a few streaming videos online too (didnt use to happen, stutter even after its fully downloaded and in cache) im beggining to think its no only a ddo problem, pehaps my ATI card got damaged???

help please! I want my fun back!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Possible ATI card damage?

Post by Sttm »

I was having some random stuttering issues in games with the Catalyst 10.10 driver and control panel installed. I uninstalled the control panel and it has stopped. I am not sure why, and I have no idea if that will help you out, but give it a try I guess.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
naarwen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by naarwen »

thank you very much for your answer, but its not that, didnt even have control panel installed, the stuttering seems to be getting worse, i will test other games.
Weirdly all youtube videos play smoothly no stutter, but any other video sites it will stutter like hell. Emulators old games all run smooth too.
Im really confused. DDO is all but playable still. I pay for this game and cant play it!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

What driver are you running?

SInce you did a fresh install you got all the chipset drivers installed and all the Windows & DirectX updates?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
naarwen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by naarwen »

I tried many different drievrs set, the last one was catalyst 9.9
and yes i have installed all chipset drivers and directx updates so far, still have major problems with DDO and a few videos
i have discarded video card physical damage as a cause since LOTRO (another heavy graphic MMOrpg) is running fine!
I think its DDO new patches that are causing problems to some users, but still i cant figure out why some videos will stutter still. specially streaming ones and i have a good internet connection, it really looks like im missing a driver or a redistributable somewhere.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Is 10.2 the very latest for your card?

Might just be time to update your GPU... It's getting a bit long in the tooth.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!