I decided to

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I decided to

Post by DragonFury »

Instead of just talking about what Eyefinity (multi-monitor) gaming can do for us, I am going to physically demonstrate what Eyefinity can do.

I will be doing a 3x1 and a 1x3 configuration while the monitors are in a landscape mode, as well as a 3x1 and a 1x3 configuration while the monitors are put into a portrait mode.

Right now I am in the process of building a backboard that will be able to handle the three monitors in the 1x3 mode, because 2 out of the three monitors do not have VESA wall mounts I need to physically hold them into place for this demonstration.

for the demonstration I will include web browsing, as well as gaming in Eyefinity in all 4 different configurations.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: I decided to

Post by Sttm »

I cant get past the bezels in between for gaming on it; but I love the idea of it. If only someone would take 4 1080p 22inch panels and put them into 1 frame with no bezel in between and 4 display port hook ups on the back.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

That would require some modding itself, would not be hard to do just a bit time consuming. I thought the same thing myself about the bezels at first but really and truly after the first hour or two of using eyefinity I did not and do not (now) even notice them they end up just fading away. Just think of eyefinity (or Nvidias 3D vision Surround) as adding peripheral vision to a single monitor. so every thing you see on a single monitor is displayed on my center monitor, just I can see things off to my left and right. So in essence all you end up doing is glancing to your left and right monitors as you play, no different then when you drive your car. Your windshield posts are there, but we dont notice em because our minds and essentially block em out, same basic principle when wearing glasses. We look straight ahead but only occasionally glance to our sides.
Mini ME
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

These are 2 videos of four planned, I did not have much time to actually get involved into a gaming session, but I did bring up a game and a website to demonstrate the effectiveness of multi-monitor. I went from landscape (spanned mode) to portrait (span mode) while the computer was left on and the monitors were left on. I do not use Portrait mode with my monitors because the two I bought (asus ml248) have a rather large bottom based to em. My purpose with the monitors is spanned gaming while in landscape mode. the next two videos I will be sharing will be when I stack each monitor on top of one another in a 1x3 configuration. The configuration I used on these two videos is a 3x1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ojXZjB9B8
part 1 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFYRKIEdHc
part 2 of 4

I must be retarded I cannot get youtube vids to work.
Mini ME