AMD Catalyst receives Windows 8 Certification

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

image001.jpg
image001.jpg (69.28 KiB) Viewed 10428 times
Today, we are proud to announce that AMD has received Windows Hardware Certification (WHC) for an AMD Catalyst™ graphics driver (with full support for the new WDDM 1.2 driver model) on Windows® 8. This landmark moment reflects both our commitment to AMD Radeon™ graphics customers, and our vision of providing quality hardware/software solutions for Microsoft® Windows® products.

Formerly known as the Windows Logo Program, WHC is a rigorous mark of compatibility and reliability for products intended for use with Microsoft Windows. It also allows AMD to serve as an official partner in the upcoming Windows 8 release, use the “Windows 8 Compatible” logo (seen here), and offer the drivers on Windows Update.

Our certified driver has been successfully tested against several families of AMD Radeon™, AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), and AMD FirePro™ products. We’ll be able to detail these products in the days ahead.

For full details, please see AMD’s blog posting here: http://blogs.amd.com/play/2012/06/01/am ... ification/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Catalyst receives Windows 8 Certification

Post by DragonFury »

so this means amd drivers can be used on windows 8?
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Catalyst receives Windows 8 Certification

Post by DragonFury »

nevermind, it does. That blog site wrecks my eyes with that black bg and white lettering.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....