ATI CATALYST 4.6 Released

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ATI CATALYST 4.6 Released

Post by Apoptosis »

Available now on ati.com (and various mirror sites) is CATALYST 4.6. This is the 6th official release of the year, setting a blazing pace never seen before in the hardware industry. This CATALYST posting brings up the driver version to 8.02 and includes performance improvements, stability/compatibility enhancements, and new features.

The quick link to the driver is the same as always: http://www.ati.com/home/online/CatalystXPdriver.html

Performance Improvements:

Pixel Shader compiler improvements bring significant performance gains to PS 2.0 applications such as Halo (2-3%), Tomb Raider (4-5%) and Mother Nature (4-5%). ShaderMark 2 shows numerous gains in the 3-6% range. The High Dynamic Range scenes in ShaderMark (Tests 20 & 21) gain 10-15%.

RADEON X800 driver tuning improves performance for several Vertex-Shader-heavy tests. For example, Battle of Proxycon, Troll's Lair and Mother Nature gain 9-15% on the RADEON X800 PRO.

Improvements in our surface allocation and texture management code have increased performance for resource-challenged cases. Re-Volt scores improve 25% at 1600x1200 across several RADEON configurations. ShaderMark Test 14 (Veined Marble) improves dramatically (up 380% at 1600x1200) on some 256MB products.

Improvements in OpenGL driver efficiency bring numerous small gains (1-3%) in Call of Duty, Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory, Star Trek - Elite Force II, Serious Sam, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Quake III Arena.

X800 memory tuning improves Anti-Aliasing performance in a number of games and benchmarks. For example, at 4xAA, 3DMark2001 gains 4-7%, UT2003 Antalus and Asbestos Flybys improve 2-7%, and the CodeCreatures score rises 15%.
Let us know what your expierences with the new driver are! I just updated today (bit late, but am getting back to normal after computex) & everything is good so far.
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

looks good,m i have already installed it as i did a clean re-install of windows... no problems so far, UT2004 seems to run better! :)
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Same here, I installed them last week. UT 2004 does seem to run better........ :D