Nvidia accuses ATI of FUD

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nvidia accuses ATI of FUD

Post by Apoptosis »

It seems that Nvidia has taken some pics of the ATI core and claim that the R380 is not PCIe native either. I'm not sure how far this is going ot go, but I'm having fun watching it all.

Thanks to Faud at The Inq. for breaking this story.
IN NOT SO NICE document seen by the INQUIRER, Nvidia has again launched all out war on ATI. It's part retaliation to ATI dissing Nvidia's HSI and this is, we suppose, Graphzilla's way of letting its customers know what it really thinks about the Canadian firm.
Without discussing HSI's merits or demerits, as we're testing that in the next few days, we just want to show you one nice picture.

This is the proof that the INQ was correct in this article. Nvidia claims below that ATI chip is bridged inside and not native PCI Express, as ATI claims. µ
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Wouldent having a agp-pcie area of the chip count as built in or native??
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

NOPE... it's not "built in" just added along next to it so it'd still be a bridge.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Well, this is very interesting to me... I was helping Nate test "the new stuff" and I told him about my suspicions between the X600 and 9600XT... this article kinda confirms my thoughts...

Look forward to a PCIe vs AGP comparison using the X600 and 9600XT in the next few weeks.... once I get the chance for some more intensive graphic testing.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook