Should I get a PSP?

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Should I get a PSP?

Post by vicaphit »

I had 5 games, and got my playtime out of 3 of them. One I got for free and never played (SOCOM FTB2), and I couldn't really get into Metal Gear Portable Ops.

GTA vice city stories= great with tons of replayability.
Worms Armageddon= great, but would be better if I knew someone else with the game for ad-hoc.
Loco Roco= cutest game ever, I felt like an 8 year old Japanese girl while playing.

Time to move on though.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I just bought one over Christmas :) I LOVE it so far! I got the Daxter pack with a 20% discount. That game is fun! I also played the God of War demo and I cant wait! That is the main reason I bought it:) Well other than homebrew and emulators ;)

Need to find a place to get GOOD CHEAP mem sticks for it though - man they fill up fast! I havent even started to put movies on it yet and the 2-1gb and 1-2gb are full with a TON more waiting for it!

I like the internet radio on it now! It makes it kinda nice if you dont have any mp3s with you.

Mike

Bummers you sold it though :(
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I had the first version, so no internet radio... Check newegg.com for memory cards.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
aloverof1
Legit User
Legit User

Post by aloverof1 »

i hav a psp and zune and the zune i think is the way 2 go or just wait n c
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hnzw_rui »

The Lexar 4GB pro duos are often on sale at Fry's for $35. Sandisk ones are rarely on sale, but if you're lucky, you can catch them at $35, too. Check out the weekly ads for local retailers. Personally, I prefer Sandisk over Lexar. Genuine 8GB sticks can be had for around $100. Sony's supposed to release 16GB sticks on Q1 2008 but expect those to cost twice the price of the PSP, itself.

I'm not really up to date regarding what games have been released for the PSP. Right now, the only game I'm keeping tabs on is Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. I only have four US games for my PSP - Lumines, Wipeout Pure, Tekken Dark Resurrection and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. While they are quite fun to play with, you'll probably get bored with them in no time.

What I find most fun about the PSP is the homebrew. Being able to play games I grew up with is awesome. Bookr (PDF reader) is also pretty useful when I need to read handouts on the go. Saves having to print them out. My 4GB MS is filled with anime episodes, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Xenogears, emulators, ebooks and manga scanlations. That's enough to keep me occupied for quite a while provided I have somewhere I can plug my PSP. Running on just the battery (2200 mAH), that should still be good for 5~7 hours of entertainment.
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

aloverof1 wrote:i hav a psp and zune and the zune i think is the way 2 go or just wait n c
I'll give you my address to send all your psp stuff too :mrgreen:

Mike

I really enjoy the PSP - with homebrew out there, emulators, etc it really makes it fun to play with! Playing old NES games on a Sont product is just too darn cool ;)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: