Which console?

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!

Which console do you own?

Nintendo Wii
38%
Sony Playstation 3
14%
Xbox 360
21%
None of the above
28%

Total votes: 29

ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Which console?

Post by ibleet »

I'm on my 3rd xbox360. First one totally crapped out on the first day. Second one stopped reading discs after a few weeks. Hopefully what they say is true that the 3rd time is the charm. I do like the graphics on the xbox360 so much better than on the Wii. I have yet to see anything on the PS3, but I hear its all good.
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

kappage wrote:
slayer22 wrote:get a computer and start wow ;o
You sad sad person.... WoW? i could spend a whole day arguing with the right and wrongs of WoW so lets just assume that you will loose and WoW sucks.
I don't own WoW, but it's still a good game, overrated, though. Even so, you can get more playtime out of it than virtually any other game on the market. (except Pokemon, :lol: )
LepRechauN
Legit User
Legit User

Post by LepRechauN »

I have an Xbox 360. I picked it up in 2005, so far I have had no problems with it. I chose the 360 because of games like Halo, Gears Of War and Mass Effect that only come out on Xbox. Most of the games out there are coming out on both consoles(PS3 and 360). The PS3 doesn't have any games that are PS3 only that I feel like I have to have. I'm just not interested in any of the games on Wii. I'm perfectly happy with my 360.

You should check out the games that are specific to each system and see which ones you like the best. The one with the most games you like should be the system you go with.
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

LepRechauN wrote:I have an Xbox 360. I picked it up in 2005, so far I have had no problems with it. I chose the 360 because of games like Halo, Gears Of War and Mass Effect that only come out on Xbox. Most of the games out there are coming out on both consoles(PS3 and 360). The PS3 doesn't have any games that are PS3 only that I feel like I have to have. I'm just not interested in any of the games on Wii. I'm perfectly happy with my 360.

You should check out the games that are specific to each system and see which ones you like the best. The one with the most games you like should be the system you go with.
Your xbox must be one in a million to not have ANY problems at all!!!
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
LepRechauN
Legit User
Legit User

Post by LepRechauN »

kappage wrote:
LepRechauN wrote:I have an Xbox 360. I picked it up in 2005, so far I have had no problems with it. I chose the 360 because of games like Halo, Gears Of War and Mass Effect that only come out on Xbox. Most of the games out there are coming out on both consoles(PS3 and 360). The PS3 doesn't have any games that are PS3 only that I feel like I have to have. I'm just not interested in any of the games on Wii. I'm perfectly happy with my 360.

Now that I think about it. I think I got mine about 4 or 5 months after launch. It must have been in 2006 when I picked it up. I must have been in one of the first good batches. Plus, it sits alone on a short wire stand that is supposed to be used for plants so it gets plenty of air. Or I'm just lucky.
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

LepRechauN wrote:Now that I think about it. I think I got mine about 4 or 5 months after launch. It must have been in 2006 when I picked it up. I must have been in one of the first good batches. Plus, it sits alone on a short wire stand that is supposed to be used for plants so it gets plenty of air. Or I'm just lucky.
Have you update the firmware, or has the console ever been connected to the net and allowed to update? :-k
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
LepRechauN
Legit User
Legit User

Post by LepRechauN »

kappage wrote:
LepRechauN wrote:Now that I think about it. I think I got mine about 4 or 5 months after launch. It must have been in 2006 when I picked it up. I must have been in one of the first good batches. Plus, it sits alone on a short wire stand that is supposed to be used for plants so it gets plenty of air. Or I'm just lucky.
Have you update the firmware, or has the console ever been connected to the net and allowed to update? :-k

I don't know what firmware is but yes, when I log on my 360 has downloaded updates from time to time.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

So I made a fairly recent purchase of a 360. I picked it for several reasons.

1) Most of the old Xbox games I have are playable on the 360
2) WiFi wasn't important to me as my house has ethernet run through the walls (almost every wall in house has an RJ45 jack)
3) Liked the feel of the controllers

Wii - does nothing for me, Nintendo always has been goofy IMO - for the old nostalgic games I have a MAME cabinet that I built for myself.

PS3 - Seems that the hardware was best with the original 60GB version. Game selection was not enough for me, really wanted Halo3 and obviously it isn't on the Sony.

Since I've had the 360 for a few weeks I have noticed how freakin loud it really is. The other thing that I wasn't a fan of was that it didn't have a built-in HD DVD drive, but I knew that going in.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
LepRechauN
Legit User
Legit User

Post by LepRechauN »

Sporg wrote:So I made a fairly recent purchase of a 360. I picked it for several reasons.

1) Most of the old Xbox games I have are playable on the 360
2) WiFi wasn't important to me as my house has ethernet run through the walls (almost every wall in house has an RJ45 jack)
3) Liked the feel of the controllers

Wii - does nothing for me, Nintendo always has been goofy IMO - for the old nostalgic games I have a MAME cabinet that I built for myself.

PS3 - Seems that the hardware was best with the original 60GB version. Game selection was not enough for me, really wanted Halo3 and obviously it isn't on the Sony.

Since I've had the 360 for a few weeks I have noticed how freakin loud it really is. The other thing that I wasn't a fan of was that it didn't have a built-in HD DVD drive, but I knew that going in.
It does play HD DVDs as long as you have the HD cable and HD tv. I watch HD DVD's on mine.
LepRechauN
Legit User
Legit User

Post by LepRechauN »

kappage wrote:

RED RING OF DEATH FEB 4, 2008 :ohsnap:
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

LepRechauN wrote:
It does play HD DVDs as long as you have the HD cable and HD tv. I watch HD DVD's on mine.
What? You didn't hear that Sony won the war against Toshiba. Having a HD DVD is no longer an incentive to buy. Heck, its not even a consolation prize. :mrgreen:
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

pc imo 8) you can write an emulator for an xbox 360 and or ps3
pavilion cooler
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by pavilion cooler »

if ur friends doing F@H go with the ps3
the ps3 mite have sharp graphics but for the amount of cpu's it has it loads slow
xbox360 has more accessories and games and a lot of game add-ons like songs for rock band and soon cars,clothes, ect for gta 4 and more games yet to come
wiis more of a kids system
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

martini161 wrote:pc imo 8) you can write an emulator for an xbox 360 and or ps3
I agree with PC. I play games on my PC every day. I haven't touched my xbox 360 for weeks.

By the way, its not all that easy writing an emulator for either of those systems.
Digerati
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Digerati »

I currently own none of those, not because I don't like them, but because all my money is spent on upgrading my PC. I think I will be buying an Xbox 360 pretty soon - I need to play GTA IV ASAP. :finga:
aircommando13
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by aircommando13 »

Consoles are merely dedicated gaming pc's. If you have more money than time than get a console, but if you have more time than money build your own.

A few reasons why pc's are better for gaming

1. For $500 you can build a gaming computer far superior to Xbox360 and PS3(save the blu-ray)
2. You will have the ability to upgrade over time
3. The best games may not come out for pc at same time as console but usually within 6 months
4. You have much, much more freedom, i.e. overclocking, a functional OS, etc
5. No ring of death
6. online play is free

the list goes on
Intel E8500 @ 4.0GHz
4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
Seagate 7200.11 500GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 55nm
Antec 630 watt PSU
Samsung 22x DVD/+/-RW Burner
Antec p182 Case
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

aircommando13 wrote:1. For $500 you can build a gaming computer far superior to Xbox360 and PS3(save the blu-ray)
ehh, i don't know about that, to get a CPU/GPU equivalent to that of the 360/PS3, it would be quite expensive.
5. No ring of death
fixed
6. online play is free
the same can be said for the PS3/Wii, and WoW isn't free along with other MMOs.
pavilion cooler wrote:the ps3 mite have sharp graphics but for the amount of cpu's it has it loads slow
if you're talking about games, then that's probably because of the slow BD reader.