CnC Coming To The 360?

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
Eternal2u
Legit User
Legit User

CnC Coming To The 360?

Post by Eternal2u »

ok i guess...as long as pc is the primary platform i dont care, cause thats where i want to play it, although if it was a solo release ot the xbox 360 that would definetly mean i would have to buy a 360

taken from:
http://www.underground-exp.com/viewtopic.php?t=863

On the latest episode of Gaming Steve, podcaster Steve Glicker revealed that Command & Conquer 3 would be heading to the Xbox 360, in addition to the PC version. This coincidentally happens during episode when Louis Castle, VP of creative development at Electronic Arts and a designer on Dune II and the original Command & Conquer, was on the show.

"I know for a fact that they're doing this because these are the same guys, same team doing Command & Conquer 3. And they're definitely going to release it for the 360. You heard it here. And so what they're doing is really using Battle For Middle Earth 2 to use it as a springboard to test, to see how it's going to work for Command & Conquer 3." -- Gaming Steve

We've contacted EA about the statement, but have yet to hear back from them, so take this with a grain of salt. As always, we'll be looking for more, but considering much much EA has been harping their 'revolutionary' control interface for Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II on Xbox 360, this makes perfect sense.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I only want to now what timeline they're following. The orignal CnC ala post Tiberium Sun, or the Red Alert time line ala post Yuri's Revenge.
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Does this mean the 360 will be getting a mouse? :P

I'm sure everyone remembers what happened to StarCraft64...
Eternal2u
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Eternal2u »

no...

If you read the quote bit its actually going to strictly use the 360 remote, and wont even allow for mouse use if you have a periphial mouse on the 360..

From what i've heard so far about battle for middle earth i think they just may have nailed the control scheme for the RTS genre on consoles now, i'm actually hopeful for this..

This is coming from someone who played the original CnC game on console, then followed to buy TS and FS, and the later down teh road Ra2 Yuris Revenge, and Generals...

As for the timeline, it will be in the tiberium universe, the word is 3 races (gdi nod and aliens) but thats not yet confirmed...

it going to be interesting for sure, but i cant wait...

And no i wont get it on the 360 but will get it on the PC ;)

BTW Louis castle FTW