Who Pre-Ordered A Sony PS3 Today?

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who Pre-Ordered A Sony PS3 Today?

Post by Apoptosis »

I went up to GameStop this morning and reserved a system. I was the fourth person in line and they only had four systems that were available to be reserved.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Since I bought an XBOX 360 (which I rarely have time to play) I'm not going to pony up.
Joe
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Apop what are you made of money? I prefer PC games and haven't owned a console since N64. Used PS2 and 360, just never really liked em.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

dicecca112 wrote:Apop what are you made of money? I prefer PC games and haven't owned a console since N64. Used PS2 and 360, just never really liked em.
It was a $100 deposit with the rest due when you pick it up.. and mine is going on EBAY... So hopefully it will go from $600 in debt to money in my pcoket for 30 mins of work. ;)
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Might be a good idea although hopefully Sony learned from M$'s error and won't make the same mistakes when it comes to supply vs demand.
Joe
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Current numbers show that first shipments of the PS3 will be less than half of what the xbox 360 was!!! Unless Sony really gets these things going now Christmas time will be very expensive for parents who want to get a PS3 for their kids.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apop - same idea I had ;) I didnt stand in line ot get one though - I might grab one if Sams Club gets them in - they wont do pre-orders, its first come first serve.

Mike

Is anyone other than liksang ( spelling ) taking pre-orders still?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

When are they being released?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Nov 17th
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

March-something for the other people in europe.

We get so screwed when it comes to hardware, usually $'s magically are equal to £'s and also we get VAT on top (haha Ken :P)

Looks like I'll be in nintendo's camp again this time.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

FZ1 wrote:Might be a good idea although hopefully Sony learned from M$'s error and won't make the same mistakes when it comes to supply vs demand.
I'm a little slow on this thread, but Sony only expects to have 400,000 units out for launch. PATHETIC if you ask me!

On the other hand, Nintendo will have 6 million + on launch. :ANAL:

But Nate, great idea on EBaying it! I would love to make a few bucks by doing that! I know people will pay a couple grand for one. Just look at the 360! :P
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Only chance of me ever getting one is if I can sell it for more than I bought it. :P

Rather sick of Sony's BS propaganda machine. "Super computer my ass" as a friend would say. :P

Just make sure to not list it up until you have it in your hands, you know how it was last year with the 360. Going to be even worse this year...

Otherwise, eBay and your buyer will get mighty upset.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Kerii wrote:Only chance of me ever getting one is if I can sell it for more than I bought it. :P

Rather sick of Sony's BS propaganda machine. "Super computer my ass" as a friend would say. :P

Just make sure to not list it up until you have it in your hands, you know how it was last year with the 360. Going to be even worse this year...

Otherwise, eBay and your buyer will get mighty upset.
EBay has been shutting down all Wii and PS3 auctions until the consoles are released. :)

To get around that though, people are selling Barbie dolls and including a PS3 with it. :roll:
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I guess Nate is in line today. I rang my neighbor and he was at the local Meijer store in line. He showed up with a bunch of other people and they did a drawing and he was picked. I visited him after work and the manager there announced that the PS3's were there and there was enough of the 60GB versions for everyone whose name was drawn. Lucky bastard. He is going to try to sell it on EBAY with a high reserve and if it's not met he'll keep it.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Nope.... My PS3 is already paid for and I can pick it up tomorrow at 9am when gamestop opens...
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

<--waiting for Nate's review =P~
Joe
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

review of what??? the outside of the box.. LOL that thing is going straight to ebay.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Bah! He's playing it right now :finga:
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

bubba is correct... It's on ebay and has been since i got it... They are going for about $1500 more than retail. I got some bills i need to pay off and figured it would be a good way to get some money!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Did you set a reserve?
Joe