Anyone getting the Nintendo Wii?

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

If that will put you off buying, then you dont deserve one :P

Give it to me instead.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Apoptosis wrote:how long did it take you to get to the site, forums, log in, and then post on the wii? LOL
I've been having trouble connecting to the internet in general, but when I made that post, it was very snappy on the page loading.. the longest part is clicking on each individual letter to type the text on the virtual keyboard... but what else would you expect from a console that can surf the web?
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

I must have missed this thread...

I got the last Wii at my Zellers on launch day :) I bought Zelda with it, and received an additional Wii-mote, Nunchuk & Classic Controller for Christmas :) and I love my Wii!

The possibilities of the control scheme are great! I was initially worried about game manufacturer support, especially for multi-platform games, but with EA opening a Wii division, my hopes are high 8)

And anyone who has been "hurt" and/or damaged anything with their Wii-mote, then you don't deserve to have a Wii... there is no way anyone with any common sense could lose grip on the Wii-mote (unless alcohol was involved, but then you're just asking for trouble :P)
"Who' doing what now?"
chotachatri12
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by chotachatri12 »

i was at one point going to recieve it from my uncle but they ran out of stock, so no
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

Yep, it would appear that the Wii has won this holiday season. It is so hard to find right now, unlike the PS3... of which you can find a few on retails shelves right now. I love my PS2 & PSP, but the PS3 has some catching up to do :?
"Who' doing what now?"
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

woo! another posting from my wii thread! The site is smooth as, and suprisingly pretty for 480 (maybe less) vertical lines!

Some awesome story to tell in a min, i'll need to use a real keyboard to tell it though!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mongol05 »

I love my Wii =)

I got it at launch and it has really been a blast to play. It doesn't even matter that the graphics aren't as good. Still a lot of fun.
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB
ichibanbaka
Legit User
Legit User

YEAh!

Post by ichibanbaka »

I got a Wii
I just finished Zelda (took a while) but it was worth it
WiiSports is my favorite Wii game, and RedSteel is alittle "bad" IMO.
GET THE WII SUPPORT THE WII!! SO OTHER WII PPL CAN HAVE MORE WII STUFF
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

if i had the extra money, i would totally get it. i played it over at a buddies house for like 1/2 hour...so much fun. i think most people "get over" the graphics part of it and like it because of the fun they have with it and the fun they can have playing with other people.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

here is some Wii bundles for sale.
http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=654

Also, how long until Firefox recognizes as Wii is not a miss spelled word?
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

I think the Wii is an awesome system personally. It's fun, innovative, and the game-base brings me back to childhood gaming in a way that other systems never could.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Woot - got a Wii today...fun!
Joe
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Nice one Joe, now be sure to always use the wriststrap for the sake of everything breakable in the room!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I already knocked over my soda...nearly all over my MacBook Pro :shock:
Joe
Tyron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Tyron »

I've been playing it recently. It's a lot of fun at first. I was wondering how everyone feels about it who've had it for a few months? Is it still as enjoyable, or do you just want to sit down for once. :)
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

For like the first two months it got played on every single day, now, not so much, its turned into a party machine (now that I've finished zelda), its alot more fun to play with other people than on your own. I really want some good single player games for it, but nothing that's out at the minute strikes me as I've got to get that.

Bring on wireless guitar hero (later this year) and other cool stuffs (like paper mario, mario galaxy, metroid etc.), they also need some decent 2nd and 3rd party games...

I'm tempted to try red steel but a friend had it and didnt like it, I jsut wish I had a chance to play it before he got rid of it as i dont want to take teh risk of buying it to find out i dont like it too.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Tyron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Tyron »

That's what I noticed about it in my limited game time, that it's really fun with other people but a little boring on your own. It's still early so I'm sure better games will be coming soon.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I thought the Wii was going to be just a quickly forgotten gimmick, but I played one and it is awesome... It, however, is on the bottom of my console list since it is nintendo, and seems to be much more cartoony and juvenile than the other systems
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Image (<- Clickable)
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

I still love my Wii and play it frequently... not as much as I used to, but nicer weather gets me outdoors more often.

- Wii Sports - still great fun

- Zelda - still haven't completed it yet :P

- Excite Truck - great sense of speed, HUGE air, really fun, but sequel need more tracks (mirroring tracks doesn't count)

- Red Steel - only about 2hrs into it, it's ok, but definitely labelled a "launch title" IE: not as polished as you would hope) Control scheme makes me hope for a wealth of FPS's on the Wii though, I loved pointing the Wii-mote as my gun :finga:

- Warioware: Smooth Moves - CRAZY FUN GAME! Every Wii owner must get it. That is all. 8) Very innovative controls, clever and fun! Great party game.

I want Super Paper Mario, but I've decided against purchasing any more games until I actually complete some of my current games :P
"Who' doing what now?"