12ft TV? Yes please.

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

12ft TV? Yes please.

Post by DMB2000uk »

OK, now that I've got your attention, I stole some idea I'd seen on the Internets about playing the Wii in a cinema type thing (though I'm curious as to if I'd have thought of it if I hadn't seen it already) and played my brand spanking new Wii on a 12ft screen in an empty lecture theatre at uni!

I was dead lucky to get one, my friend wanted to get a messenger bag for his Wii, so we checked in Argos, and they didn't have any, but he absent mindedly entered the Wii cat number into the stock check machine, and they had 2 in stock! Apparently they had had 8 in that morning (like an hour and a half before we went in). But I still had loads of lectures left in the day and I couldn't bring myself to miss them... so we had fun in uni instead!

This is black and white without sound as it took us ages to find a lecture room that was a) empty and b) had some kind a video input accessible, I noticed what I'd plugged it into was wrong, so fixed it in these next photos

Wii plugged into side of lectern desk

All I can say is wow, this thing is a whole new level to playing the Wii, it almost makes regular TV play seem sucky!

Yeah, I know there are so many things that could have made this experience even more fun, like dimming the lights, and bringing a second wii-mote, but we were doing this without permission, so it had to be quick and dirty :P

It ended up where I'd just put everything back in the box after playing and our lecture group started walking in!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

haha that is great... Don't get caught!
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

dude I played doom on a wall at my dad's office way back in the 90's with their brand spankin new projectora and it was amazing! your right about it making tv and monitors seem sucky. im still wanting to buy a projector!
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mongol05 »

That's slick =)
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB
Bit_Cloud
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Bit_Cloud »

Nice! I wanna do that sometime lol
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werewolfdaddy »

How certain are you that someone from there doesn't lurk the forums? lol
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

my cs department just got one (one of our professors has connections with Nintendo, yet he can't get me one) and the 2hr break between class I have on Tuesdays, myself and most of the CS department played with it. Similar setup to DMBs. Even got the Dean of Sciences to Play.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

lol, I don't so quick bury this thread :P

Nah, let them see!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)