Replacing the RST Pro2 with the RST Pro3 PCIe

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Replacing the RST Pro2 with the RST Pro3 PCIe

Post by Apoptosis »

After years of great service I am replacing the RST Pro2 with the RST Pro3 PCIe memory testing card for the memory reviews that i have been doing on the site. Our frequent readers will notice that the last few memory reviews were done without the RST Pro2 card and that is because it would not work with DDR3 moudles and some of the later chipsets... After ordering in the RST Pro3 it finally arrived and is already being put to use on the next review of mine.
RAM Stress Test Professional 3 PCIe is the worlds first and only PCI Express memory testing hardware/firmware designed for rigorous memory testing and validation. R.S.T. PRO3 incorporates an onboard RS-232 Serial Port for remote control and data logging.
Attachments
rstpro_pcie.jpg
rstpro_pcie.jpg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 5666 times
rstpro_pcie2.jpg
rstpro_pcie2.jpg (146.13 KiB) Viewed 5668 times
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replacing the RST Pro2 with the RST Pro3 PCIe

Post by DMB2000uk »

One more reason to keep loving LR 8)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
eva2000
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by eva2000 »

sorry for bringing up an old thread but I have a few questions regarding RST Pro3 PCI-E if you can spare the time :)

1. regarding testing time, how long does the RST Pro3 take to test 2x2GB config versus 2x1GB versus 4x1GB ? same amount of time ? if time increases with memory densities ?

2. there's meant to be voltage monitoring while running RST Pro3 PCI-E tests - how well do they monitor voltages and is that dependent of motherboard used ? what voltages are monitored/ displayed ?

3. any PCI-E based boards where RST Pro3 PCI-E hasn't been able to work on yet ?

thanks

George
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

what did you do with the old one?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

martini161 wrote:what did you do with the old one?
traded it in for a discount on the price of a new one.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

eva2000 wrote:sorry for bringing up an old thread but I have a few questions regarding RST Pro3 PCI-E if you can spare the time :)

1. regarding testing time, how long does the RST Pro3 take to test 2x2GB config versus 2x1GB versus 4x1GB ? same amount of time ? if time increases with memory densities ?

2. there's meant to be voltage monitoring while running RST Pro3 PCI-E tests - how well do they monitor voltages and is that dependent of motherboard used ? what voltages are monitored/ displayed ?

3. any PCI-E based boards where RST Pro3 PCI-E hasn't been able to work on yet ?

thanks

George
1) Time increases as the density does as it's testing more blocks.
2) Not certain as I just use a volt meter to check the board versus the BIOS readings.
3) None that I have used thus far.
eva2000
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by eva2000 »

thanks do you remember how long it takes to test 2x1GB DDR3 kits you did for the review ?