NEW RAM, monitors and keyboard wont load

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
spenditifyougotit
Legit User
Legit User

NEW RAM, monitors and keyboard wont load

Post by spenditifyougotit »

as the subject says .. I tried changing my ram

had:
two 1GB A-Data sticks

tried to put in:
four 1GB A-Data sticks

basically .. everything went in fine .. sticks clicked in .. my corsair ram fans went on fine .. I hooked up ALL wiring like it was but when I turn on the computer .. EVERYTHING goes on except my keyboard and monitors .. so I see and hear the internals of my computer running and churning away yet my monitors don't seem to be registering/communicating with my computer ..

what Im thinking about doing is just sending THIS ram back and getting ANOTHER two 1GB A=Data sticks of ram .. because they seem to work ..

and before anyone says it, my mobo is supposed to be able to support up to 8gigs so I'm no where near pushing the limit .. Im thinking the ram I received was either DOA or who knows ..

If I was to get another two 1GB a-data chips would I come across the same troubles or would they be fine ?? :-\
Laptops ..
-17" Macbook Pro w/ 4GB of ram & 1920x1200 resolution
-13.3" Macbook w/ 3GB of ram
-15.4" Gateway Tablet PC w/ 2GB of ram & XP Pro
-17" Alienware Aurora m9700 w/ 2GB of ram
Desktop ..
-my little gamer: Thermaltake Armor case (not the JR), Intel E6850, dual nvidia 8800gts cards, 4GB ram, custom water cool kit, 4 western digital harddrives, 650w SilverStone, and dual 22" monitors ** plan to overclock soon .. hopefully .. **
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NEW RAM, monitors and keyboard wont load

Post by DMB2000uk »

Try running the two new sticks in place of your old sticks.

And then if it boots, run memtest86+ for a long session (like overnight) to check if the memory is faulty. If it errors early on, then you can stop the test as it has proved itself unstable.

Lastly, check your two original sticks in the other memory banks to rule out the motherboard.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)