adata dd2r 800mhz question

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
KnightRid

adata dd2r 800mhz question

Post by KnightRid »

Ok, I have 2 1gb sticks of these, but when I put them in a computer I will get BSODS in windows. They are not ven stable enough to install windows with!

I wrote adata, and they said to test each stick individually with memtest. I tested both together before, and they test perfect.

My question ( finally huh :p ) Would it be possible that these 1.8V memory sticks actually need more voltage to run stable? I might be able to test this in that gigabyte board I have, but the other boards are INtel and thus require 1.8v memory and you cant adjust in bios (damn Intel).

Mike

Any other suggestions that it might be? If I tell adata they test fine with memtest, they will likely pass the blame to another component. I have tried these in 3 different motherboards with the same result - all running at 1.8v, never tried adding more voltage to them.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
FZ1

Re: adata dd2r 800mhz question

Post by FZ1 »

I would try this. It might take a while but you can pretty much rule out the problem. Try booting to Windows after each step.
1. Use only 1 stick - try all of your ram slots
2. Try the same with the other stick
3. Try 1 stick again in various slots but relax the timings
4. Try the same with the other stick
5. Leave the timings relaxed and REDUCE the voltage slightly (some RAM likes less for some reason)
6. Try the same with the other stick
7. Leave the timings relaxed and increase the voltage slightly
8. Try the same with the other stick

If you get one of these to work on one stick, try both.
Joe
KnightRid

Re: adata dd2r 800mhz question

Post by KnightRid »

FZ1 wrote:I would try this. It might take a while but you can pretty much rule out the problem. Try booting to Windows after each step.
1. Use only 1 stick - try all of your ram slots
2. Try the same with the other stick
3. Try 1 stick again in various slots but relax the timings
4. Try the same with the other stick
5. Leave the timings relaxed and REDUCE the voltage slightly (some RAM likes less for some reason)
6. Try the same with the other stick
7. Leave the timings relaxed and increase the voltage slightly
8. Try the same with the other stick

If you get one of these to work on one stick, try both.
Well you are just full of fun things arent you - lol

I will give it a try once I get this gigabyte board back in a system! I would have never thought to reduce the voltage! I wonder if this board will go below 1.8v..hrmm'

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: