computer won't recognize Memory Size

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
taina4
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

computer won't recognize Memory Size

Post by taina4 »

I have an Asrock ConRoe 1333 dvi/h board and I have installed 2 dual channel 1 gig sticks of kingston ddr2 667 ram (it's supposed to support up to 4 gig's) my issues are 2 actually and any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. the slots only recognize the memory sticks as 512 each and I know they are 1 gig. I have gone into the bios and it let me set the clock speed but not the memory size.

2. the computer will not turn on if I put 4 sticks in. and either way the board would recognize them as 512 as well.

So those are my issues and I am praying that someone out there smarter than me can help. Please....

Thanks
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: computer won't recognize Memory Size

Post by vicaphit »

I am not an expert on ram, but try putting the sticks in different slots. You may either have a bad slot, or bad ram. Also, if you have another computer compatible with DDR2, try putting them in that MoBo and see what you get.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit