1GB DDR500 Mushkin Review on the way

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

1GB DDR500 Mushkin Review on the way

Post by Apoptosis »

Got some Mushkin DDR500 on the way! Got a dozen or so E-Mails asking if we can review it! See by sending e-mails...or now posting in the forums can tell us what you want to see reviewed!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Kewl... Don't see too many Mushkin reviews out there... and I've always seemed to have good luck with them in my system builds... so I'm anxious to see how well they take our torture-tests... :) I like ram testing!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
OsamaBinAthlon
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OsamaBinAthlon »

I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of it! I've never had anything to do with it personally. It isn't very prevalent in Australia - plenty of Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, Samsung, KingMax, Geil etc, but not many shops seem to stock Mushkin for some reason.
I might be tempted to upgrade my XMS3500, if they keep lifting the bar like this - it'd be nice to run my comp @ 3.6g with 1:1 dividers - at the moment, with anything that comes close, the CL settings are a tad too loose to warrant spending any money yet, IMHO.
Keep up the great work with the reviews.
:)
loz

Crucial

Post by loz »

A review of some 512MB DDR PC3200 • CL=3 • Unbuffered • ECC • 5ns • 2.5V • 64Meg x 72 Crucial memory is on its way!

Ya'll remember them? :)
Loz Bain
European Senior Reviewer
Legit Reviews LLC
Locutus
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Locutus »

Yeah, Mushkin is hard to get here....expecially their 1GB PC3200 dual channel and above kits, couldn't get them ordered in even. OCZ is pretty hard too, maybe 5 or 6 shops that sell it here. Oh well....what can we do?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

order from the states! Or get a buddy to pick you some up and ship it to ya :)
Locutus
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Locutus »

Apoptosis wrote:order from the states! Or get a buddy to pick you some up and ship it to ya :)
2 main problems..

1) Warranty will be a pain, if it ever needs to be used...
2) The cost of shipping is quite expensive...
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Only other think I can think of would be to send an email to your local hardware stores (online or not) and see if they will start carrying it... if they can't you'll have to start contacting the manufacturers... and they won't do anything unless you have about 500 people behind ya... and even then it's questionable.

Good Luck.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Locutus,

Just got off the phone with Mushkin and they will ship directly from here to you if you would like for US $36 via FedEx Priority International.

One thing they told me on the phone is:
For overseas orders, you need to fax us the portion of your statement showing the name on credit card, billing address, and the issuing bank/phone for the card. (fax number is 303.534.0827)
They also told me Universal Enterprise from down under should be able to get you what you want and is local!

Hope this helps ya out a bit option wise
OsamaBinAthlon
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OsamaBinAthlon »

Good ****!
Shame I have no money........sob!
Can't see me upgrading my XMS3500 for a while yet anyway.
It'd be nice to get some of that Mushkin RAM just to annoy my Aussie compadres.
:)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Review is completed and written! Will be posted tomorrow (Oct 28th)!

It's a good one I promise!
kpothuwila
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by kpothuwila »

Keep up the good work guys
I don't see me upgrading to those soon
Should be great for P4 overclockers
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Just wanted to let everyone know that we just posted a review a on a pair of Mushkin DDR500 memory modules.

Here is a blurb:

"Mushkin has been operating its memory and components e-commerce site since 1994 and it is not hard to see how they have made it this far! We can clearly see that their DDR500 memory modules are some of the best on the market after looking at the majority of 512mb modules sold in North America...."
Link= HERE

Let us know your thoughts!

Post by Guest »

Mushkin rocks! I've been a follower for about 5 yrs now and there's no way I'm turning back now. I've always had a great time with thier memory. It's not the cheapest out there by far, but when it comes to OC'ing I don't think memory is something you can go cheap on. Just wanted to let ya know that they have happy customers out there. I'm going to pick me up some DDR500 loving since my PC2100 is getting a little old, it's been running for 3 yrs now and I think it's time to stick it in another slower system to give it a bit of a retirement. Great review, I was rooting for Mushkin the entire time I was reading and am happy that they got some praise! Nice RAM tester, BTW.