OCZ Black Edition

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
Wavid
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

OCZ Black Edition

Post by Wavid »

I looked through CPU-Z today and i noticed that my RAM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product) is listed as PC3-5800F. what BIOS settings do i need to configure to run it at the rated speed of 1600 MHz, 8-8-8-24 timings?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OCZ Black Edition

Post by Apoptosis »

What does the memory tab of CPU-Z show? Post it up here if you could. Don't look at the SPD tab.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Wavid
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Wavid »

the picture is added as an attachment..does it work?
Attachments
cpu-z_memory.JPG
cpu-z_memory.JPG (41.74 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Yeah it works :)

You'll need to find the BIOS page that has all the voltage and frequency settings.

Find whichever is the RAM frequency and if it's showing the speed as 533.3Mhz now, change it to 800Mhz. Else if it's showing as 1066Mhz now, change it to 1600Mhz. That might sound backwards logic, but they'll be same speed, it just depends on how the BIOS is displaying the frequency (as DDR means dual data rate, which effectively doubles the actual clock speed, so some BIOS' show the effective speed (1600) while others show the actual (800)).

And on that same page there should be the CAS timings, just throw in your 8-8-8-24 in the CL, rRCD, tRP and tRAS fields respectively (leave any further sub-timings on auto if you aren't sure what they should be at).

You might have to make sure that the voltage is at 1.65v instead of the usual stock 1.5v

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)