Corsair Memory FUBARd

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Corsair Memory FUBARd

Post by Kaos Kid »

I've never had a problem with memory before, I'm wondering how Corsair handles RMAing 1 stick out of a 2x2GB kit. The memory is less than a year old (from newegg) and I'm not really 100% sure that it ever worked right but it did boot so I didn't worry about it. Now though one of the 2GB sticks won't even boot to bios (just solid light on my case front LED), although the other one seems to be working fine. If I contact Corsair will they want both sticks back to send me a matching kit under warranty, or will they try to just replace the bad one with a non-matching stick? Thanks for any info.

PS on a related note if I have to send back both sticks how long might it take? I do have other DDR3 memory but it is GSKILL with a 1.5v rating and the mobo the Corsair is in will only go down to 1.6v so I don't want to overvolt the GSkill and ruin it.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Corsair Memory FUBARd

Post by Apoptosis »

You can't RMA one stick and you wouldn't want to do that anyway. Corsair is usually money when it comes to RMA's, so no worries.

Give Corsair a call +1 888-222-4346 or visit their site to start the RMA - http://www.corsair.com/support
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Thanks now its time to dig for the invoice. Or, since I got it from newegg so I may be able to get something out of my online account records.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

New egg kkeps their records for a long time so you good there ;)
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I hope so because I looked and my shipping invoice from back then was not where I thought I had put it, so hopefully they will accept a printout of that purchase from my newegg account.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

YOu have to dig around in their I got records going back to 2006 on all my orders
Mini ME
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I know, I found it in my records already, I just have to see whether Corsair will accept a printout of that or will they want my original shipping invoice.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

I am pretty sure they will accept the printed invoice from newegg.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

That's a relief.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I never had an issue from manus using a print out from new egg for my RMA's
Mini ME