AND THEY'RE OFF!!!!

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

AND THEY'RE OFF!!!!

Post by kenc51 »

Above is the ram I won here last August.......
Top two is the heatspreader, below is a stick still unmutilated ;)

I couldn't hit 237MHz with 2-2-2-5 timings....I could "only hit 235MHz"

We'll see, I have 1 heatspreader off now, here's hoping tomorrow I can hit 237MHz with 3.2v or lower [-o<

I've done it with my TCCD's too, but prefer the bling on the Platinum heatspreaders, so I put them back on....plus I have no need to remove those!

And NO....LR is not responsible for any losses if you try this! LOL (they are stuck on hard!)

X2 4400+ ---> your next :axe:
cre8
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cre8 »

gimme gimme gimme :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

omg NAKED IC's! :shock:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Apoptosis wrote:omg NAKED IC's! :shock:
NAKED!!

Image[/img]

I'm hoping to squeeze another ~5MHz from theese puppies....

I want to do an impromtu "latencies vs MHz" benckmark / post....

(just ut'04 & fear...... and some synthetic benchies to show they can mean jack-all)
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

LR is my source for sex LOL :finga:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

hehe i just did the same thing today with my old Kingston Hyper X and put on ramsinks. Sucx though because i knocked off a resister so i had to get out my soldering iron and put it back on. it does not look good but it works. I went from 240fsb stable to 260 almost stable i know i can get it as soon as i have the time to mess with it. some heat spreaders help some hurt, in my case they were hurting me.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

off the record heat spreaders don't do much in terms of performance, but I do know one thing... Putting memory on heat spreaders means companies sell more memory than without. If you have Nate Brand A without a heat spreader at $100 and Nate Brand B at $105 with a heat spreader consumers will buy the heat spreaders hands down. That meants all "enthusiast" memory companies have to use heat spreaders to sell their products at the same margins that the other companies are. It's amazing what marketing and consumer perception can do to pricing and consumer trends. Not to mention the new OCZ and Mushkin heat spreaders, which don't do much for performance... but make all the difference in marketing. Launching new heat spreaders got them press on thousands of sites and a fresh new image to enthusiasts... Did we see a performance change worth talking about? No Do I have heat spreaders on the overclocked modules in the PC that I am using to write this? Of Course Not! I like my memory naked with a fan gently blowing on them :shock:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I leave mine on. I don't IC them too much, I just buy faster stock modules. I have a fan blowing on that area so mine never get hot. I agree, they are mostly for aesthetics.
Joe
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I can just about hit 237MHz with them sticks.....Some days it's stable, most are not.....

i have hit 230 rock stable....somewhere between ~234 and 235MHz is about my max using the heatspreaders......

They were stuck on well....there was alot remains from the glue on each IC.....So I guess the heatspreaders were doing their job....Of course I have a fan blowing on them.....

I'm hoping to squeeze just a few more MHz just to get them bench stable.....I'll stick with the TCCD sticks for everyday use.....Who knows i may still get 9x277 stable (2.5-4-3-7) [-o<
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

sbohdan wrote:

LR is my source for sex LOL :finga:
omg ive godit all whright har. :ANAL: :drool:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »