I feel like an idiot

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I feel like an idiot

Post by dgood »

So I was trying to squeeze a couple of hundred mhz out of my old 2200+ on my KT333 Ultra MSI board. Socket A supporst ddr 333 and below. However I have 3 sticks a Kingston Value ram 333mhz, a Vdata 400mhz, and some other brand at 333mhz all with different timings, however I had them in some order before I took them out that worked for the board. Now however its not windows freezes during the load. what timings should I try to apply. I don't know how I had them working before but it was working great all at 333 and and I think different timings:p or so cpuz told me. anyway I changed the multiplyer and screwed it up so it wouldjn't post and such so I got it running and now I can't get into windows. I can't set high performance settings because no ram will support he cat latency of 2 so I have them all set at 2.5.
and I think I had the timings at 2t, maybe I shoudl try 3t :p I think they have that option on this board.
nightblood
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by nightblood »

just slow down all the timings till it works
wuzy
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by wuzy »

All modules should have the same capacity even if you're not overclocking.(For maximum stability+OC)
Black Mesa Scientist
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Black Mesa Scientist »

All different brands makes an instable system inevitable I think..
Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2300MHZ =3650+ Stock Voltage
eVGA GF6800GS 485/1200.
2x512 Corsair XMS 3200LLPT
AsRock 939-Dualsata2
Sweex 400WATT 18amps
Dual layer DVD-RW
2x80GB seagate Barracuda!!!!

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!
wuzy
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by wuzy »

Black Mesa Scientist wrote:All different brands makes an instable system inevitable I think..
It's alright as long as they're using the same chip.
Doesn't like the case here either. :|