SQL database in status SUSPECT

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
michael
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

SQL database in status SUSPECT

Post by michael »

I had a database in status SUSPECT (No items). I have not Backup. I've only .mdf and .ldf files.
After reading all answer regarding thi topic, I executed all commands to fix this status, but without success.
I also executed the following comands for recovering my database :
sp_detach_db 'Mydb' (and the following message: "Successfully detached database 'Mydb'." ) then executed
sp_attach_db @dbname = N'Mydb',
@filename1 = N'E:\MSSQL7\Data\Mydb_Data.MDF',
@filename2 = N'E:\MSSQL7\Data\Mydb_Log.LDF' and the following error message : ("Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 1, Line 1 I/O error 38(Reached end of file.) detected during read of BUF pointer = 0x11c01980, page ptr = 0x1f6bc000, pageid = (0x1:0x7bea01), dbid = 7, status = 0x801, file = E:\MSSQL7\Data\Mydb_Data.MDF.
Connection Broken "
I executed command with the Service Manager stopped (I don't know if it's important)
Please I'm desperate. What can I do to recover my db.
I'm not expert in SQL Server and it would be appreciate if the answers were very clear
bruce.milne
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: SQL database in status SUSPECT

Post by bruce.milne »

If your database is marked suspect and you are desperate, then I'll advice you to set the status to that database, like:

update master.dbo.sysdatabases
set status = 20
where name = 'YourDatabaseName'
Very sorry that you have no backup. So if that doesn't help, then the only thing I can advise is to try to restore database using SQL Server Recovery Toolbox. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/sql_recovery.html
bruce.milne
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by bruce.milne »

Also have a look this Recommended actions
http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/disc ... corrupted/
michael
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by michael »

You've been very kind in your efforts to help. Thanks for that. Solved!